British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

Personally, I'd love to see a feature on Bobby McNeil, having had my appetite whetted by several pictures (old and new) in Backtrack. Also, Geoff Bouchard is another Swindon favourite that it would be interesting for me to read about.

Anyone else have any particular rider that would interest them?

Hmmmm....

What's Larry Ross up to?

Dennis Sigalos too...very classy rider...

Russ Hodgson, Declan Eccles, Emil Sova, John Jackson & Steve Finch for starters.

Issue 9 is another great read!

You have already mentioned a request in VSM for the whereabouts of Arne Pander but an article on him would be great. He was virtually unknown when he came to England but made big scores right from the beginning. I remember that after two or three weeks he went home to attend to a family matter and we all thought that was the last we would see of him. But he was back and continued where he had left off. A real star at the time, truly Oxford's first 'Great Dane'. (I've still got some photos of him somewhere in the attic!)

Regards

Personally, I'd love to see a feature on Bobby McNeil, having had my appetite whetted by several pictures (old and new) in Backtrack. Also, Geoff Bouchard is another Swindon favourite that it would be interesting for me to read about.

Anyone else have any particular rider that would interest them?

That makes two votes for Bobby McNeil then! TMC should get a chance to ask him on 22/07. Also Zenon Plech (as a main feature/cover man), Mike Lee who is up next; look forward to that. Andy Galvin would be another.

Really enjoyed the Carl Glover, Steve Weatherley and Neil Evitts articles!

That makes two votes for Bobby McNeil then! TMC should get a chance to ask him on 22/07. 

Well, Bobby McNeil gives a very moving interview exclusively in the Hackney reunion programme, which will be on sale at the Hackney reunion on July 22nd. I hope they’ll be on sale via the website, www.hackneyreunion.com after reunion, assuming we have any left!

Edited by Paul

What about a middle page photo spread on the German riders who have appeared over the years.Uhlenbrock,Müller,Maier....Rolling back the years this weekend Egon and Karl will be appearing alongside the likes of Jiri Stancl in an "oldies" competition at Cloppenburg.

Scott Autrey ... one of the genuine top Americans.

Would also be good to hear Egon Muller's story on his world final win over 20 years ago ... track fixing etc etc and the use of the GM engine at the time.

I'll ask him for you,Steve.If i go of course.Sure i'll see him at sometime during the season,at Brokstedt if nowhere else. :)

Dennis Sigalos Mitch Shirra Steve Bastable Bobby Ott Lance King Banger Jansson Bob Humpreys Stan Bear Tommy Knudsen J O Pedersen Jan Andersson Tony Ollson Peter Glanz Peter Ravn John Davis Rider Eide ? Dave Jessup Terry Betts -just a few riders which i thought of hope it helps.

Edited by andy moore

Some of these could be tough..Emil Sova and Reidar Eide have been dead for some time.

What about Ed Stangeland, Brian Leonard and Mike Keen??..or Leonard Raba and Milan Spinka to really top everything!

Milan Spinka was in Stralsund at the weekend promoting the Prague GP.If i heard correct.

I would like to know how Jan Zabik, who rode for Sheffield in the 80's, would be interesting as his son is now a top Polish rider.

Mike Ferreira

Roger Johns

Steve Baker