British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

Steve Lawson would be one I would like to see.

Edited by Ruby Tuesday

How about a Templeton/McMillan feature? Two set of brothers who were also uncles/nephews in the same team!

Or a feature on brothers; Tom & Joe Owen, Bobby & Jimmy Beaton, Soren & Christer Sjosten, Sid & Mick Sheldrick etc

Edited by cinderfella

Peter Craven, Chris Morton, Peter Collins, The Moran Brothers, Dave Jessup, Tommy Knudsen, Ivan Mauger, Ole Olsen, Hans Nielsen and Tony Rickardsson. Oh and not forgetting Jason and Phil Crump!!

Peter Craven, Chris Morton, Peter Collins, The Moran Brothers, Dave Jessup, Tommy Knudsen, Ivan Mauger, Ole Olsen, Hans Nielsen and Tony Rickardsson. Oh and not forgetting Jason and Phil Crump!!

Moose man, where have you been hibernating?

In the previous 10 issues, the following have previously been featured as Main Cover Man, with in-depth exsclusive interviews...Ivan Mauger (issues 8 & 9), Phil Crump (issue 5), Peter Collins (issues 3 & 4).

These have been featured prominently: Shawn Moran & Jason Crump.

Hans Nielsen is lined up as our next main man for issue 11...

Peter Craven doesn't fit Backtrack's 70s-80s timeframe, but he's mentioned regularly in our sister retro magazine, VSM.

Check it all out at: http://www.retro-speedway.com

Tony,

How about an article on riders from lesser known speedway countries.

I can think of three who spring to mind....Henny Kroeze, Peter Prinsloo, Ila Teromaa.

I'm sure there must be many more

Your thoughts please

As it is Mildenhall's 30th Anniversary how about Bob Coles.

I hear he now resides in Spain, so you could get a decent trip out of it as well Tony

Up the Hammers

Phil

Guest speedyguy
What about a middle page photo spread on the German riders who have appeared over the years.Uhlenbrock,Müller,Maier....Rolling back the years this weekend Egon and Karl will be appearing alongside the likes of Jiri Stancl in an "oldies" competition at Cloppenburg.

Yes and where are the old German riders like Sebastian Roth and Alfred Rumrich who also raced in England?

Arne Pander - Oxford's first 'Great Dane'.

His first meeting as an unknown -v- Coventry, 27th March 1959, 12 paid 14 points from five rides. Was the Danish Champion at a time when many people didn't know speedway even existed in Denmark.

13 points the next night, paid 14, at Poole, and 13 at Oxford -v- Poole the following week.

After a couple of weeks in Denmark for a family bereavement he returned with 12 points against Belle Vue. 

And so on!

Where is he now?

Regards

Sounds too much like ALan Pardew for you to consider interviewing him, hey Tony :P

CAN we do an interview with Gordon Kennett or say Marek Cieslak whats he up to now days ??

Sounds too much like ALan Pardew for you to consider interviewing him, hey Tony :P

I certainly wouldn't insult a very talented and nice man like Arne by comparing him to the other AP you mentioned! Blimey, Pander had real talent

He is apparently very well and living in Norfolk and we hope to interview him very soon for VSM Mag...but not Backtrack, which is 1970-1989 remember! Wrong bit of the history section!

I would like to see articles on people prominent in the sport who are not neccesarily ex riders. Someone like Dave Lanning from the TV commentating point of view would be an interesting subject, as would high profile promoters from the era.

More feature based articles would add variety - the possibilites would be endless.

I reckon eventually you must run out of the really big name interviews.

In fact, who is there left of the truly big stars from the 70'sand 80's?

Gundersen, Olsen, Morans - who else? Not many.

Fantastic mag

Keep up the good work.

PS

Minor Nitpick

Hackney reunion (clearly of personal interest to the author) gets a whopping four pages, other tracks with equally long histories get substantially less!!

TMC,

Good to know that there will be something in one of your magazines about Arne Pander soon, I am looking forward to it.

As an addition, I got over to Czech recently for the Golden Helmet for the first time. Also took in the Lubos Tomicek Memorial meeting in Prague. I was surprised to see that the meeting was the 37th in the series, quite something for a memorial where, sadly, many get forgotten along the way. Any chance of a revealing article about Tomicek in one of your mags - I did see him ride in the 1965 World Final and for Prague at Oxford on tours in 1967/68 and it would be great to know more about him.

Regards