British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

Rene should not be a problem as he still lives in Sheffield, as far as I know.

Guest nobby nomad
How about Colin Cook, Howard Cole, Arthur Price, Kelven Mullarkey all great characters, be interesting to know what they have done since retirement.

Gary Middleton and Gary Guglielmi are 2 obvious others that come to mind.

Colin Cook runs a car repair garage - I work for the DVLA and he was in getting some tax a little while ago - seemed surprised I knew who he was. A total 100% rider who used to drive from Felixstowe to Exeter (about 300 miles) for home meetings.

I'd like to see an article on Tormod Langli.

I'd love to know why he went hang gliding on an easter monday before a match with Belle Vue when he rode for us at halifax - he broke his arm :angry::shock:

He was never to ride for us again. I remember him being one of those riders who you were glad to have on your side - if u know what I mean :wink:

I would love to see an anterview with Tommy Knudsen as he was my favorite rider when I started following the sport in the late 80s. Best rider never to be world champion is my opionion. Suffered terrible spinal injuries and then made a comeback. Never quite got back to his old self. Inspirational skipper who despite being Danish was Coventry through and through. I remember his April Fools joke in '88 that hit the UK national papers when he said he was changing his nationality to British as he was fedup with being in the shadows of Nielsen and Gundersen.

Guest peterow

I would like to see some history of a old rider, last at Exeter Speedway in the late 40's his name was Stanly Hodson better known as Chunky. He Died while at Exeter.

I used to go with him and practice on a Velo ktt which was on Dope. and I used it on my first grass Track Meetings in the War. When I was Sixteen.

I Joind the R.A.F. when I was 17 1/2 yrs, So i never got to Speedway but i grass Tracked till the Late 70s, then finished up Power boat racing, Production Grass

till the late 70s.

Regards to all and I enjoy the Speedway Forum.

peterow. Nottingham.

Edited by peterow

Guest cheetahhawk
Oh he'd love that............. how about Keith White he's loads of stories to tell  :wink:

Yes very true,especially that one he tells us all that he never had a fan club. :wink:

We must have all imagined that we were members of the fan club. :lol:

Bob Valentine and Doug Wyer if only to put their view across on John Berry

Kai Niemi, Stefan Salommonssen and Rudy Mutts

Surprised that we still have no interview with Malcolm Simmons.

Edited by spin king

Jimmy McMillan - Involved at Coventry as Engine examiner I think and easy to get hold of.

Bruce Cribb - Dont know where he has gone as he was at Wolves every week until a few years back. He would have some great stories !

Hasse Danielsson - A swede at Birmingham who was one of my favourites.

Sam Nikolajsen - Never thought much of him until he rode for Wolves and was a real entertainer. Battled for every point and possibly the shortest rider to have ridden.

I would love to see an anterview with Tommy Knudsen as he was my favorite rider when I started following the sport in the late 80s. Best rider never to be world champion is my opionion. Suffered terrible spinal injuries and then made a comeback. Never quite got back to his old self. Inspirational skipper who despite being Danish was Coventry through and through. I remember his April Fools joke in '88 that hit the UK national papers when he said he was changing his nationality to British as he was fedup with being in the shadows of Nielsen and Gundersen.

I too would love an interview with TK. Have to agree Neil, TK was definitely the best rider never to win the world final. I remember when I was little and he bought his bike to our school, i think for the school fete, and we all had pictures taken on it. A true team man in every sence of the word having been bought up under the wing of another true great Ole, who after just looking through my Back Tracks we haven't had too much on either.