British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

Would love to see an artcle on Rob Tilbury. A very colourful character on & off the track. Peter Thorogood would have a lot of stories.

Milan Spinka and Leonard Raba :)

Milan Spinka and Leonard Raba :)

Yes as someone said ages ago Larry Ross, would also love to know what Rudy Mutts was up to these days... He had big shoes to fill when he came to Wimbledon all those years ago, had a very bad accident on the 4th bend as I recall.. Very tall for a speedway rider, but I liked him.....

• Like 1

Would love to see an artcle on Rob Tilbury.  A very colourful character on & off the track.  Peter Thorogood would have a lot of stories.

Give me a shout TMC if you need to contact him should you decide to at any point :approve:

Charlie Mckinna

Andy Galvin! :D He would have a lot of stories to tell, many about his serious injuries and many about the off track shenanigans of many riders.

Jim Ryman,Russell Osborne,Arthur Price,Tony Featherstone,Jack Bywater,David Gagen, Ray Bales etc. The issue 9 article on Carl Glover was very good, I hope he's getting on fine now health wise and wish him all the best, IMO the best Barracuda of all time.

I would love to see an article on Bees favourite Tommy Knudsen.

With John Berry and Bob Radford having won the top league with Ipswich and Reading I'd like to challenge both - to come up with say ten riders from the Backtrack era that they didn't manage - but would have liked to. That would be different and get two good brains giving us something different!

Keep up the good work, but I agree with the constructive criticism - a bit less from books please Tony. But its a better read that Speedway Star :lol:

Edited by ashbyforever

Chris Harrison, Hec Haslinger, Terry Shearer and Ian Wilson because they are the riders from Birmingham's 1971 season that we haven't tracked down yet.

I don't recall seeing anything on Steve Lawson but I would be interested to read about him. Seem to remember several years where he really held Glasgow together in the NL and a few meetings where he scored over half of the total team points. He was a top performer for many years at that level but never moved up - that I know of - and I'd love to know why he stuck with Glasgow. He was the Matt Le Tissier of speedway!

Erm Shoddy,there was three pages on Steve Lawson in issue 13!

I must have been drinking that month!

I'll get it and read it!

i would love to see an article on craig featherby,sadly died racing this great sport in sept 83 at peterborough,the reason i never met him (i was born in 84)and im named craig after him,(my parents were good freinds with him )

would be nice to know his riding record etc,,,,,,

backtrack,just like to say what a great magazine that is,

cheers craig ,norwich