British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

I would like to see articles on people prominent in the sport who are not neccesarily ex riders.  Someone like Dave Lanning from the TV commentating point of view would be an interesting subject, as would high profile promoters
Dan McCormick would be an interesting one I think - didn't like him at the time, but he was certainly a personality of the era.

RAY WILSON !

I'd like to see an article on Tormod Langli.

I'd love to know why he went hang gliding on an easter monday before a match with Belle Vue when he rode for us at halifax - he broke his arm  :angry:  :shock:

He was never to ride for us again. I remember him being one of those riders who you were glad to have on your side - if u know what I mean  :wink:

Me too,we were very lucky to have him & steve Gresham at Bristol in 77 & 78.Both would have great stories on their riding exploits.Another i would like to see interviewed would be Andrew Silver,who IMHO could have been a World Champion if he could of gated!

Steve Gresham would be an interesting character to be interviewed along with Neil Street he'd have so much to say and many an interesting story to tell.

About how he changed the course of speedway with the 4 valve :rolleyes:

About how he changed the course of speedway with the 4 valve  :rolleyes:

Neil has so many stories, he HAs to be interviewed. Thsi guy has bene involved in speedway for over 50 years now from rider to mechanical/engeering dude to manager. He's done most things, even these days he's still managing and tuning engines, not bad for a guy in his 70s!!

He's a throughly nice guy with time for anyone and you can guarentee if you do speak to him you'll get to hear and intresting story from him you've never heard before.

Neils life deserves more than an interview, someone MUST write a book about him, if I had to skills I'd do it myself. Anyone willing to give it a go?

Neils life deserves more than an interview, someone MUST write a book about him, if I had to skills I'd do it myself.  Anyone willing to give it a go?

Norbold where's Norbold when you need him? :unsure: He writes a good book that man!!!! :approve:

Neil has so many stories, he HAs to be interviewed. Thsi guy has bene involved in speedway for over 50 years now from rider to mechanical/engeering dude to manager. He's done most things, even these days he's still managing and tuning engines, not bad for a guy in his 70s!!

He's a throughly nice guy with time for anyone and you can guarentee if you do speak to him you'll get to hear and intresting story from him you've never heard before.

Definately, everytime I've spoken to Streety I've come away thinking what a really lovely man. He has so much time for every rider - sometimes too much for away riders telling them how to ride the track - and it's amazing his work rate on a Sunday afternoon at Newport the man is a Legend.

Steve Gresham would be an interesting character to be interviewed along with Neil Street he'd have so much to say and many an interesting story to tell.

Couldn't agree more,my all time favorite rider! :approve::D

I would like to see articles on people prominent in the sport who are not neccesarily ex riders. Someone like Dave Lanning from the TV commentating point of view would be an interesting subject, as would high profile promoters from the era.

More feature based articles would add variety - the possibilites would be endless.

I reckon eventually you must run out of the really big name interviews.

In fact, who is there left of the truly big stars from the 70'sand 80's?

Gundersen, Olsen, Morans - who else? Not many.

Fantastic mag

Keep up the good work.

PS

Minor Nitpick

Hackney reunion (clearly of personal interest to the author) gets a whopping four pages, other tracks with equally long histories get substantially less!!

Agree with everything you say KTL apart from your PS. I thought the Hackney reunion piece was a great read. Hopefully other tracks will get reunions to follow suit. Dave Lanning would be a good feature and perhaps he Backtrack could then officially tell me that he turned Sky down which is the reason we have to listen to the dreadful Millard week in week out!!!!!

PS

Minor Nitpick

Hackney reunion (clearly of personal interest to the author) gets a whopping four pages, other tracks with equally long histories get substantially less!!

You wouldn't of said that if you were there :wink: Absolutely fantastic evening, cheers Chris Paul and everyone involved whens the next one, maybe for the opening of the Speedway Museum next Spring (sounds good to me!!)

Might be a good idea if other tracks held a re-union there as well certainly big enough for everyone and like I say the Speedway Museum is going to be there as well....... BBQ was excellent :approve:

I love this magazine and living a long way from the UK I get to see all your comments on each issue before ours has arrived.

I enjoy the "where are they now" type articles (and perhaps also what do they look like now). I was a Reading girl in the 80's until I moved to NZ in 89 so features on anyone from that era would make great reading to me.

Keep up the good work. Better than the speedway star in my view.

Personally, I'd love to see a feature on Bobby McNeil, having had my appetite whetted by several pictures (old and new) in Backtrack. Also, Geoff Bouchard is another Swindon favourite that it would be interesting for me to read about.

Anyone else have any particular rider that would interest them?

i would like to something on steve scofield one of the best riders ive seen on grass and speedway and one of the nicest blokes ive ever met,and very helpfull.

all the best keith

Romford Bombers 1970 featuring the late lamented Kevin Holden.

David Bargh from more modern times.