British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

I fail to understand how anybody would want to have an article in BackTrack on Gary Gugliemi.

What he did off track (no details on here) surely exclude him from any association with speedway past & present.

I fail to understand how anybody would want to have an article in BackTrack on Gary Gugliemi.

What he did off track (no details on here) surely exclude him from any association with speedway past & present.

Can understand why you feel like that, but then again if we exclude him for off the track reasons, then we shouldn't have had features on Michael Lee, Malcolm Simmons etc. either. Where do you draw the line? Edited by Tigerblade

Besides my uncle Alan Armstrong I'd like to see articles on ex Belle Vue riders. Riders such as:

Shawn and Kelly Moran

Peter Ravn

Richie Musson

Carl Blackbird

Kenny McKinna

Declan Eccles

Glenn Hornby

Calling BRYN (;O)

When you hit the sandbank, you was talking to?.............

"48 year old veteran Mitch Shirra finished in 4th in the Nsw Long Track Championship, after being prominent in most heats he competed in during the day".......... Re:

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=30269

Come on Bryn. He's got his Track going for the Jr's now, you know? ;)

Regards.

PS.

Get him back on the Bundy Bryn!..... ;) I don't know how much could be printed. But It would be a good story!...... Geeeeeez You could do a book! :rolleyes:

Edited by Trackman

"The Bryn".... not to be confused with "The Stig" was on board last year ;)

But too much Bundy had flowed to work out which end of the rod to put the hook. :blink: ........ hikup! :P ..... Hence Captain Bryn had us on a sandbank, he said he was looking for a topless Damsel in distress. B)

Regards.

PS.

Your a fisherman Crusty! ..... get ya butt up here I've got two weeks off, lookout bull sharks. B)....... Will a 303 do? (;O)

Sorry, must pay more attention, DOH

Too much festive cheer methinks !!!!!! ;)

Being an old Hackney fan you won't be suprised when I say Bengt Jansson. I also think that although his best period was before the 1970's, Briggo would be a great read. Also Neil Street - others have mentioned Streety in this thread and I can only echo their views. Others would include Dave Jessup (is he really as mean as they say - I think we should be told !!)? John Davis (there has been a brief item about him already). I also think that Crazy Jack Millen could fill a book (again a brief item has already been in the mag but there must be so many stories about the guy), Len Silver was a stalwart promotor of the time and is still going strong today. How about Mike Patrick - he was at just about every significant meeting and knew all the riders - he must a yarn of twelve?

I'd also like to see something about the mechanical developments following the 4 valve revolution - there were various engines from Jawa, Weslake, Godden, ERM, Maeley and GM.

Hope this helps

Bob Ferry has written two books on Jack Millen........"Crazy Jack" and "Both sides of the track". Both are full of full of previously untold stories of the great entertainer "Crazy Jack". He also penned the article in the "Backtrack" magazine. Thanks for the memories Jack, may you rest in peace.