British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Papa Bazarou

SGP of Sweden - Avesta Sweden 31st May

He was out in the damn car park wasn't he, why did the cameraman follow him out there, he clearly wanted time on his own, why deny him that, it wasn't fair!!

Heyyyyyyy Zetters, I'm coming out to the Semi and Final too with a mate, can't wait, mmmmmmmm, you taking a car??

He was out in the damn car park wasn't he, why did the cameraman follow him out there, he clearly wanted time on his own, why deny him that, it wasn't fair!!

Heyyyyyyy Zetters, I'm coming out to the Semi and Final too with a mate, can't wait, mmmmmmmm, you taking a car??

I will probably go in a car!?

And for the cameraman to keep focusing on the chap whilst he was clearly upset, I'm not surprised at his reaction ............. the speedway world championship is no soap bloody series, altho tv tries to make it out to be at times!!

Totally agree with you Trees. Crumpy had gone away from the main pit area and obviously wanted some time out, you do have to wonder if he had gone to the gents if the damned camera would have followed him.

I had the dubious pleasure quite a while ago of being followed about by a TV camera and believe me it is not always a pleasant experience, there were times, especially in private moments when I too told the cameraman to disappear at a rate of knots, difference was the prog I was in was recorded not live!

Speedway riders are human beings with aspirations, ambitions, and feelings. Imagine you had just received your vital exam results and they were crap what would your reaction be to a camera lens :?:

Well done Sullivan!

Crumpy was entitled to be very disappointed, he's now only got 16 GP points compared to Ricko's 38 or whatever it is, slight difference don't you think!!!!!!!!

And for the cameraman to keep focusing on the chap whilst he was clearly upset, I'm not surprised at his reaction ............. the speedway world championship is no soap bloody series, altho tv tries to make it out to be at times!!

Ah well thas my opinion, what do you think?

Disappointed, yes. Crying, and swearing at the camera, no way! This man loses any fans he's got left by the minute. No wonder the cameraman kept focusing on him, he probably couldn't believe what he was witnessing.

Exactly LW. :) No excuse for behaving like a pratt even if you are one.As for his chances going,do you see Mark Loram or Scott Nicholls crying or refusing to face the cameras ? No. They are taking their misfortunes like men while poor Cwumpie Wumpie diddums is hard done to all the time.He'd better watch it or he might inherit a new nickname, 'The Ginger Whinger'

He'd better watch it or he might inherit a new nickname, 'The Ginger Whinger'

Might??!!! Thought he'd been known as that for years!! :P

Do agree though..pressure or not, this guy is supposed to be a top class sportsman who should know how to take the good with the bad. Hardly marked him out as the consummate professional whatever the circumstances - all he had to do was get up and walk away.

OUT IN THE CAR PARK where he thought he would be alone to gather his thoughts and not be hounded by the cameraman!!!

Also he has now got 16 points whereas Ricko is on 38!!! Slight difference there. You can't compare one rider with another either, each guy is different!!

I thought the invasion of privacy by the GP camera operator was appalling, setting a new low for "speedway" coverage even worse than Boyce's thuggery which features regularly as a Sky "highlight" Lets keep the Big Brother s**te well away from speedway

On a positive note great to see Tomasz Gollob doing his round the boards swoop against Lukas Dryml - just a pity he was baulked on the next bend and lost out. Great racing!

My opinion of the GP for what it's worth are:

Fantastic racing later on in the meeting.

Tony R has really gone up in my estimation, from his attitude in the pits, to seeing him out on the track when Leigh Adams crashed, top marks to you Ricko.

Ditto Scott Nicholls. Despite being eliminated early on, & obviously being dissapointed, he was proffesional & very mature in his interview.

Jason Crump has gone way down in my estimation. I've always admired him for his undoubted talent on a bike, & I've always rooted for him, but I now think his attitude is completely wrong & if he did become world champion ( which I don't now think he ever will), he would not be a good ambassedor for the sport.

Whilst on the subject of attitudes, the article by Ivan Mauger in this weeks Speedway Star is spot on.

Sorry about some of the spelling, I've been out in the garden all afternoon, cooked an evening meal for seven, & I've just been sitting outside with Mrs Lt enjoying a nice bottle of plonk whilst listening to the birds singing, altogether now.."the tide is high......................... :roll:

I can understand Crumpies anger, he is probably contemplating another season without realising his all consuming ambition and as we could all see it obviously hit him hard.

The pervasive nature of the TV coverage, particularly in the pits, has brought a number of examples of people losing their temper. I seem to remember Nicki P having a bit of a wobbler in his pit lane. What we must remember is that the nature of such coverage is going to be warts and all. A similar analogy would be to have a camera in the changing room of a beaten football team, where I am sure we would see similar emotions.

It was obvious that Crump wanted to be on his own, there were no members of his entourage in sight. Maybe one of his team could have prevented the intrusion?

Could this emotive display be at the root of why Jason can't make that final step up to World Champ?

Could this emotive display be at the root of why Jason can't make that final step up to World Champ?

I think that's a very good point.

He'd better watch it or he might inherit a new nickname, 'The Ginger Whinger'

Might??!!! Thought he'd been known as that for years!! :P

Do agree though..pressure or not, this guy is supposed to be a top class sportsman who should know how to take the good with the bad. Hardly marked him out as the consummate professional whatever the circumstances - all he had to do was get up and walk away.

Ah well you see Rabbit we are very quiet,reserved and unassuming in Sheffield i didn't know about this nickname :oops: On the subject of this so called 'shocking' intrusion by Sky, if he wanted to be alone he should have gone into his motorhome where he wouldn't have had to swear at anyone.We have seen many examples of riders ' losing it ' on Sky.Boycie hitting Gollob,Gollob smashing the fluorescent light with his gloves leaving the track in another GP,Nicki Pedersen shouting at himself every other week,Chris Neath effing and blinding in front of the camera in the Swindon v Arena Essex match after being excluded,Shane Parker saying'Thank you very much MASTER Bates [ with emphasis on Master ] to ref Mick Bates [thought this one was funny though ] these are just off the top of my head.You can't blame Sky if these things happen,what do you want, a 9 pm watershed on Speedway ? With this particular incident with Crump i just found it rather pathetic behaviour,if you notice he even seemed to be blaming his dad in the pits before the tantrum.Swearing at the camerman was totally out of order and he should apologize but will he ? I admit i swear myself at work but i can keep myself in check and don't do it in front of women or children,theres a time and a place and Mr Crump should remember this and try and keep his emotions in check more.

I admit i swear myself at work

Crumpy rides speedway for a living. Therefore whether he is at a league match or a GP, he is at work :P

Poor old Crumpy, not exactly having the season of all seasons is he? Still Id be pretty down in the mouth if I was having to ride for Belle Vue and then kack out in the GP too. Must be mighty mighty depressing :roll: :roll: :roll:

Shame, cos the guy is a fantastic speedway rider :D

Poor old Crumpy, not exactly having the season of all seasons is he? Still Id be pretty down in the mouth if I was having to ride for Belle Vue and then kack out in the GP too. Must be mighty mighty depressing :roll: :roll: :roll:

Shame, cos the guy is a fantastic speedway rider :D

I agree SS. He's a really talented guy. And is definately good enough to win the title, but I don't think he ever will. He's not got the right stuff upstairs - too mentally weak in my opinion. :cry:

And Saturday's "episode", whether you think it understandable or unacceptable, is further proof of his fragile temperament.