British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Papa Bazarou

SGP of Sweden - Avesta Sweden 31st May

Its just that some of us were brought up not to swear in front of women or children, guess that makes us old fashioned. Also have been known to let women sit down at the table before us and hold doors open, out of respect. How times have changed... 8)

Indeed and not for the better either. Guess that makes me equally old fashioned. Sorry but I hate to hear f...this and f...that all the time and I do find it offensive. I think it's sad that so many youngsters today seem to use it as part of every sentence they speak.

I am not anti swearing altogether - just certain words.

I watched Bend it like Beckham the other day and thought it was hilarious, swear words and all, but if the film had been full of f...swearing I wouldn't have bothered watching it. Know what I mean 'arry? :roll:

sandman - while we should all show women, and men, and kids, the respect they deserve it's been a while since we had to worry about weak, fragile women who couldn't take care of themselves. These days women even swear themselves :!: :shock:

The cameraman in question was NOT a Sky cameraman so all concerned please leave Sky out of it. The cameraman was being very intrusive. Jason had quietly gone aside, where he thought he was out of the limelight, to reflect and gather his thoughts. It's all well and good the cameraman followong him, and even him being shown on TV (I'm sure Jason would expect that) but the cameraman should then have left him alone. He didn't he just stood there pointing the camera at him. This would be disconcerting at the best of times, but Jason was clearly very upset. A little respect, for a man who DOES have feelings, was called for, but was sadly missing.

As for the racing I thought both Greg, and Lee, were victims of circumstance in racing incidents. Both, given the fact that someone had to be excluded, were rightly excluded. Very harsh on both of them, but them's the rules.

Scott needs to keep his cool in these big matches. I'm sure he can give anyone a run for the money in the world championship as far as talent is concerned, but can he get his head together?

Bajerski was good value, as was Lukas ofcause. Ryan looked fast, and was a worthy winner. Especailly coming off gate three.

The track could have been so much better which was really annoying. For anyone not there picture the scene. Warm, sunny evening. Hard, smooth track. Well watered, and graded through the afternoon. After a few races the dirt starts to build up from mid to outside of the track. In the advert breaks a dirty great tractor comes out and litterally takes all the dirt off the outside with the blade. :evil: :evil: :evil: This was the reason the inside was the place to be all night. The track was natuarally producing an grippier outside line but it was quickly removed. Bloody annoying!!!

At one point the dirt was taken from the outside and placed in a line that Tony took around the first turn. From gate one to mid track on the first turn. You could see the dark line where they put the dirt, and the bare base on the outside. Even the Swedes sat in front of me admitting the track was prepared for Tony, and even they felt it was unfair.

Such a shame because we all know the GP riders are capable of putting on a fantastic show for us if the track is right.

;):P

Sorry but I hate to hear f...this and f...that all the time and I do find it offensive. I think it's sad that so many youngsters today seem to use it as part of every sentence they speak.

my last word on this matter is that Gemini is still keen to stick up for someone that called another forum member a w***er in front of everyone else on the forum.

it is one thing saying something in private, but when it is front of everyone... :x and this was not a youngster

Told you I only had a problem with certain words beginning with F or C.

It's not very nice to call someone a "sad little man" or a "drunken painter" (amongst other things) on the forum either.

JB had apologised for his behaviour and I just thought he was being blamed for everything when other people had contributed as well.

Just my misguided sense of fair play. Don't worry - it won't happen again.

Don't see the problem with 'flipping' and 'crikey' myself.

I've known Jason Crump since he was about 8 years old and he has ALWAYS been a brat!!! He He used to expcet everyone to 'respect' him because of who he was. :evil: His Dad was a differrent guy altogther - quiet, calm and pleasant. :approve:

The trouble is that although Jason and Phil are very different they have one vital thing in common - Phil could never hack it in world championships event - and Jason is going to have to work on his temprement if he's not going to follow in that bit of Phil's footsteps!!! :twisted:

"Phil Addison" wrote

I admit i swear myself at work but i can keep myself in check and don't do it in front of women

Really chap, get into the 21st century will ya?! I don't like to hear swearing but neither does my husband - the point is that my ears are no more 'delicate' than a man's and I'm not going swoon because someone said the 'f' word!!! :x :roll:

Well i'd just like you to come and stand with us at Sheffo then and not complain.I guarantee you'd be tutting and whinging like a good un.I'm the quiet one in the group [apart from getting involved in one or two riots ! ] it's just that i have been brought up properly and know where and when to behave correctly.I do swear at women if they happen to be bitches,and i've met one or two.In this world you have to give as good as you get,but treat people with respect.What goes around comes around.I think you should treat people as you would expect them to treat you.Iam in the 21st century, it's just that you can't please everyone all of the time it seems.