British Speedway Forum
Guest CR500 Dude

Australian Swc Team For Rd 1 Named

Guest CR500 Dude

Australia named their line-up for the Speedway Wold Cup Rd1 meeting with Sweden, Poland & Germany to be held at the Eskilstuna track in Sweden on August 2.

Jason Crump, Leigh Adams and Ryan Sullivan, Steve Johnston, Davey Watt. well done Dave on your selection

Predictable!

Well,should see them safely in third place :D

Definatly agree with Davey Watt but not Steve Johnston, he is riding poor.

who in his place though?

very predictable line up, but the right one, unlike team GB's

I would have put adam shields in instead of steve johnston. Nothing against johno but he is not doing well at the moment. The future does not look good for aussie speedway.

Edited by superjoe

Talking about the future what do people think that countrys teams will be in 5 or 6 years.

Aussies

Crumpy

Watson

Watt

Shields

Schlein

England

Nicholls

Richardson

Harris

Stead

Kenentt

All countries would be welcomed to see where the future is coming from

Travis McGowan will be a mainstay in the Aussie team in 5-6 years time, not sure about Watson though.

Travis McGowan will be a mainstay in the Aussie team in 5-6 years time

I hope you're right, would love to see him do just that, will always have a soft spot for him, Lynn being his first ever british team :)

Why will Travis be a mainstay yet Wato won't? AFAIK, Travis is about 3 years younger and has not improved since his second season (actually 2000 was his best season over here!). I can't see him being a regular, mind you, I don't know who will be. Crump, Shields, Watt, Schlein, Bathelor, Trav may get a chance.

Personally, I think Trav should drop into the PL, I've always been a fan of his (remember feeling sorry for him in hsi first Sky meeting ;)) and he was brilliant at Newport on Sunday.

Edited by SCB

Personally, I think Trav should drop into the PL, I've always been a fan of his (remember feeling sorry for him in hsi first Sky meeting ;)) and he was brilliant at Newport on Sunday.

I guess you missed the Sky match on TV last night then SCB? :wink:

The Poles in 5 years time? Well, it could look like this:

J Kolodziej

M Rempala

K Kasprzak

R Miskowiak

P Hlib

And, you never know, at 39 TG might still be going strong (as might Leigh Adams for the Australians).