British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sjw ministerofport

Air horns at Cardiff

If there is, that's completely stupid... :roll:

I aint been 2 the Cardiff Grand Prix yet,but before you go in do they take bottles off you(pop,beer e.t.c.),caus they do in the footie and then you gotta buy them in there for like 2 quid each :lol:

Robbo :D

There wasn't a search, but you was asked not to take any bottles or cans of drink inside the stadium with you.

I reckon I could sneak a few loafs of bread, some sandwich fillings and some ladies to make them into the stadium without being spotted!

For yours (and anyone elses) benefit Robbo, YES they do remove bottles of pop etc if you're carrying on the way in. As with most other stadium sports events these days, anything that can be considered either a weapon or a projectile is confiscated. :-(

At least they do let you finish the contents before you go in though :!:

Just make sure you finish whats in the bottle and empty your bladder before you enter the Stadium :!:

YES they do remove bottles of pop etc if you're carrying on the way in.

Are plastic bottles okay?

Seem to remember taking some pop in with us last year.

Sorry Gemini, but no they are not it seems.

I remember that as soon as a steward clapped eyes on my bag last year, I was asked if the contents could be viewed. I had a plastic bottle of lemonade which I was told to leave behind :-( And like shazzybird says, it then becomes a bit pressurised in the bladder region if you empty it sharpish :lol::lol:

Just to confirm my friends and I had the contents of our bags checked last year. All bottles, plastic or glass, had to be dispossed of before entering the stadium. I will be taking Capri-Sun as they are in packets rather than bottles. If you refuse permission for them to check your bag, they can refuse you entry to the stadium. Be aware and think carefully about what you're carrying.

Strangely, and thankfully, we were able to take out air horns in. If I were the sort of person to throw something, (which obviously no speedway fan would), then it would travel some distance.

I really hope there's no ban on air horns. It's plays such a massive part in creating the right atmos. Hopefullly whoever makes these decissions has taken notice of our good behaviour, and realises we're a friendly bunch.

They were looking in bags in 2001, I remember switching queues to get the dishy steward :D but I cannot remember any checks last year.

I did take plastic bottles of water in on both occasions, maybe I don't look like a trouble maker ;-) or perhaps it was my greeting in Welsh that did it :D

Surely it's a denial of our basic human rights to deny us water?

What if you had cartons? You can get cartons of juice or even maybe cartons of wine. But wouldn't like to have to drink a whole carton of wine beforehand or I'd be asleep during the GP. :shock: We could have a forum box of wine :)

I dare say most of us who are meeting up in the Prince of Wales will be able to take a few drinks in with us ;)