British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Drink after the GP?

Did anyone manage to get a drink after the GP finished last year? Or did you fly of either back home or the hotel as soon as it finished.

We tried a few places but they said they were closing and would not let you in. e.g Prince of Wales.

Did the GP finish about 11:00pm last year!

Decided to head back to the hotel and went for a curry just across the road from our hotel. We managed to get a bus back but it was the last one and nearly missed it as the Bus Station was closed. Thankfully a local supporter showed about a dozen of us the way to the bus stop.

Did people find it hard getting a taxi?

Managed to find a bar, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it, we left it at about 1.30am. Managed to book a taxi ok. Got back to the service station at around 2am.

Met up with a couple of Coventry fans (ex Leicester) in there.

Got back to the service station at around 2am.

Met up with a couple of Coventry fans (ex Leicester) in there.

Not us - we were safely tucked up in our hotel bed by then. :D

I wanna know where everyones meeting before the meeting if anyone is!!!

Spent an hour sat on the pavement outside a local hostelry opposite the stadium just soaking up the atmosphere last year--

Some very dodgy people going passed as well so I guess I have seem some of you lot before :D

Ok Ok Ive just found the pre meeting thread thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone manage to get a drink after the GP finished last year? Or did you fly of either back home or the hotel as soon as it finished.

We tried a few places but they said they were closing and would not let you in. e.g Prince of Wales.

Did the GP finish about 11:00pm last year!

Decided to head back to the hotel and went for a curry just across the road from our hotel. We managed to get a bus back but it was the last one and nearly missed it as the Bus Station was closed. Thankfully a local supporter showed about a dozen of us the way to the bus stop.

Did people find it hard getting a taxi?

Managed to get some late scoops in O'Neills at the end of the road. Opern till 1am if i remember rightly, it was a bit fuzzy though!! :P:P:approve:

I got a steak and a drink - just off St Mary's.

Nice place. All the re-run video people were there.