British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheStartTart

"You Make Us Proud"

The word of the SKY commentators were quite clear, you make us proud, well actually Team GB you make me pretty irate, not one of you attempted to sing the national anthem. It has nothing to do with being royalist.

Congrats to the team but if you go on to win at Wroclaw then take a leaf out of Tony Rickardsson’s book and pledge your allegiance to your country by singing it’s national anthem. Or are you ashamed to be British???????

RANT over

TST

Edited by TheStartTart

Behave yourself! Think we were all singing for them, they just rode their nuts off for us to get to the final least we could do was sing for them :P

The word of the SKY commentators were quite clear, you make us proud, well actually Team GB you make me pretty irate, not one of you attempted to sing the national anthem.  It has nothing to do with being royalist.

Congrats to the team but if you go on to win at Wroclaw then take a leaf out of Tony Rickardsson’s book and pledge your allegiance to your country by singing it’s national anthem.  Or are you ashamed to be British???????

RANT over

TST

I'll have to agree with you here. It does pee me off when sportsmen/women make no attempt to sing the National anthem. It happens all the time. If the fans can make the effot why can't they?

Start Tart

Get a life

They just rode their balls off for 3 hours, and all you can do is moan about the National Anthem - jeez go and clean your brolly off

maybe they dont no the words...i only no it up "god save our gracious queen" lalalalalalala

if you want dedication to GB, just look again at Richardsons commitment. Ill but still got a 15 max. Same goes for whole team but Richardson sticks out more for me.

id dont think it matters really, just one of those things really, mind wouldnt pay £22.

Start Tart

Get a life

They just rode their balls off for 3 hours, and all you can do is moan about the National Anthem - jeez go and clean your brolly off

Just a reminder that they are Team GB......yes GB. Maybe someone should remind Scott Nicholls and Floppy that its GB.................not England

Just a reminder that they are Team GB......yes GB. Maybe someone should remind Scott Nicholls and Floppy that its GB.................not England

Chris

have you got a brolly as well :D

The word of the SKY commentators were quite clear, you make us proud, well actually Team GB you make me pretty irate, not one of you attempted to sing the national anthem.  It has nothing to do with being royalist.

Congrats to the team but if you go on to win at Wroclaw then take a leaf out of Tony Rickardsson’s book and pledge your allegiance to your country by singing it’s national anthem.  Or are you ashamed to be British???????

RANT over

TST

No matter what happens some people will always find something to moan about - sad little people, with sad little lives.

WELL DONE ENGLAND.

I'll have to agree with you here. It does pee me off when sportsmen/women make no attempt to sing the National anthem. It happens all the time. If the fans can make the effot why can't they?

Hey never mind singing the national anthem. Some need first to learn to stand at attention; or if they are too tired to do that they might find it a little restful if they at least stood still. I noticed also that most put their hats on before the national anthem had finished.

Could it be that the offenders only competed for their pay cheques - or for personal glory?

For whatever reason they competed the English lads won even though they were classed as the underdogs and for that feat I give them unstinted credit!

Firstly it's Team GB and not England (our Welsh and Scottish compatriots are able to ride in this team if selected remember) and secondly half of them looked so damn nervous at the start I expect the last thing on their mind was singing the National Anthem. And let's face it - the crowds at speedway hardly belt it out either do they?!!!

Still, if that's the most you can find to moan about it can't have been that bad... :rolleyes:

Rabbit ..... Shazzybird sings the National Anthem :approve: Got it on tape from Cardiff 2002 to prove it :lol:

Congrats to the BRITS to maked it tonight, good luck in the final on saturday in Wroclaw, Poland.

/ Mikael

Start Tart

Get a life

Thanks got a life and its quite satisfactory but I will keep searching for perfection

No matter what happens some people will always find something to moan about - sad little people, with sad little lives.

WELL DONE ENGLAND.

Bring it on if thats the best you can do!!!!!. Reasoned discussion always works better than slating someone... whoops .. forgot how do to that

Firstly it's Team GB and not England (our Welsh and Scottish compatriots are able to ride in this team if selected remember) and secondly half of them looked so damn nervous at the start I  expect the last thing on their mind was singing the National Anthem. And let's face it - the crowds at speedway hardly belt it out either do they?!!!

Still, if that's the most you can find to moan about it can't have been that bad...  :rolleyes:

You're right it was all I felt compelled to post about, the biased commentating, the loudness of the airhorns, the dismal camera work from SKY and dodgy decisions, all of those I declined to post about as they were irrelevent.

Love you all, gone to Eskilstuna to find the life someone suggested I go get :rolleyes::wink: