British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheStartTart

"You Make Us Proud"

Watched the recording when I got home (bed at 4am, still can't believe it!).

1 - Boys did fantastic. 10/10. Now we want a podium finish.

2 - Crowd was superb. After the Champ of GB at Oxford I was a bit depressed about the state of things, but the crowd were superb yesterday and definitely lifted the team.

3 - Sky did a great job I thought. Floppy was hilarious and surely must be there for the final.

4 - I've got flights and hotels booked for Thursday morning, back Sunday. Main stand bang on the start line for the race-off and final. Eat my shorts.

5 - What more do you want?

B.

Long live Floppyness

Hey never mind singing the national anthem.  Some need first to learn to stand at attention; or if they are too tired to do that they might find it a little restful if they at least stood still.  I noticed also that most put their hats on before the national anthem had finished.

Could it be that the offenders only competed for their pay cheques - or for personal glory?

For whatever reason they competed the English lads won even though they were classed as the underdogs and for that feat I give them unstinted credit!

At least they took them off when the National Anthem was played , unlike alot of the Fans. :angry:

Does anyone care about the queen...

and how many people are religious these days?

Well I do, and I doubt very much that I'm alone.

Roughly?

Christianity - 2.1 Billion

Islam - 1.3 Billion

Hinduism - 900 Million

Buddhism - 376 Million

Sikhism - 23 Million

Judaism - 14 Million

But I guess you're amongst the 1.1 Billion who consider themselves to be an Atheist. :P

My apologies if I have left out a religion that anyone practices. The list includes only the 'major' religions.

As for the name Team Great Britain. :blink: Well haven't we been here before. I think most agreed that it was stupid and that Team Great Britain was by far the better option.

;)