Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Scarface

2006 - Rules ?

I did not say that the views of fans should not be taken into account.  I stated that, in my opinion, it would be unwise to involve them in drafting the actual rules of the sport.

My apologies if I did not make that clear.

but surely if promoters listened to the fans they would be involved in the drafting of rules, take for instance the tac rule which has already been mentioned,nobody seems to like it and most people last year were hoping it would be abolished or severly altered but alas no what happened it went up from 8 points to 9 points, blimey the promoters really listened to the fans then didnt they. i bet the same happens this year people have been moaning about it all season but i bet it will be back next season, trouble is being a good speedway supporter i will have already bought my season ticket for next year before the promoters meeting so it will be a case another season of like it or lump it

You would be surprised just how many promoters. team managers, riders etc actually read this forum and gauge (between the cr@p that's written) the feeling of the fans. OK, so maybe some things, like the tactical ride rule etc still come in that the majority of fans don't like, but then the fans aren't the ones paying the wage bills and trying to balance the books. I'm certain a lot of fans would have a heart attack to know the wage bills of the riders out there and the associated costs. It's OK to sit at home and whinge, but if you were the ones paying the bills you'd soon change your mind if only xxx number of people were coming in each week.

I'd agree that we need more consistency and less major changes, but I get the feeling that sometimes fans just don't like change whatever the reason behind it. Remember the outcry when it was suggested getting rid of helmet colours for God's sakes!

I'd just say, keep putting forward your suggestions and points of view. It does get read by those in the echelons of power. Whether they do anything about it, is another matter. ;) So using that rationale...BSPA what on earth are you thinking with this proposal for the KOC next year?! I'm semi-intelligent and I don't get it! I'm going to be innundated with questions from people around me who seem to think I have the answer to life, the universe and everything! Thanks! :P

Edited by rabbit

rabbit

The most sensible and relevant posting on this subject so far. :)

Reality rearing it's head. :D

:blink::blink:

I'm semi-intelligent and I don't get it! I'm going to be innundated with questions from people around me who seem to think I have the answer to life, the universe and everything! Thanks!  :P

Do you know the line -up for Exeters last meeting,by any chance?.

Why did Walasek not turn up,but Ulamek did?

What really happened with Ferjan that weekend?

How do Newport manage to survive with crowds of 400!?

Whats the weather going to be like for the first weekend in October?

:D

I just wish that the bspa would communicate more so that if there are changes ppl could see the reasoning, so often stuff is just handed down from above with no reasoning. The rule book should be online in full with the infamous supplementary regs.

Anyway for 2006??

Points limit of 45 in all 3 leagues including bonus points. For the EL grade riders using the bands as before then introduce a squad system but use the grades to stop teams bagging all the top riders by limiting them to 5 grade A&B at any one time. Teams submitted for each match must conform to the 45pt limit so a team cant use all 5 A&B at one time. All non UK newcomers to the league to start on 6pts

PL and CL to continue as they are, but any rider who has extensive foreign commitments which means he will miss more than 15% of planned matches to be banned from the leagues, those riders should be in EL. In the PL return to the 9pt top limit for assessed averages for recognised speedway experience ie czecho, poland etc. All others to start on 6pts.

Run the CL as a proper league with a genuine 4th amateur league for 2nd teams. It should be a training ground for new tracks and new promoters with a restriction of present patriality kept. Over 15 age group only.

Amateur league to be just that with riders on 80cc bikes.

Keep the T/S and T/R rules as they are simply to reduce the amount of jumping around every year. Bonus points for aggregate win and if teams dont complete fixtures in time each team to lose 3 pts for each incomplete fixture come seasons end.

Any more will be added.

Edited by Dekker

I don't like a lot of the rules because when i first started watching speedway the matches were thirteen heats and a second half. One off World finals rulled and i still think that the formular was the best.

Now before you all slag me off let me tell you that i still support changes in our sport. Everything has to change to stay up to date and be a benefit to us all. Sky and Benefields want a product that is up to date and fits in with their needs. And so we end up with the GP system, World cup, and EL racing that maybe even though it is not perfect it is helping the sport to grow and is exciting to watch.

Do you know the line -up for Exeters last meeting,by any chance?.

Why did Walasek not turn up,but Ulamek did?

What really happened with Ferjan that weekend?

How do Newport manage to survive with crowds of 400!?

Whats the weather going to be like for the first weekend in October? :D

Well Iris...the answer to all your questions is 42, but as this is speedway we'll make it 42.5 less bonus points (subject to special dispensation of course). ;)

For the Elite League:-

A proper squad system so we can get rid of guests, R/R and that stupid absent rider rule.

A decent points limit that would enable promoters to build an Elite team of riders, not 3 or four with the rest made up of chancers.

The abolition of the circus and the return of the sport of speedway!

This would be achieved, in my opinion, by the abolition of the Joker, Tactical Rides, Tactical Substitutes, double points and [of course] the abolition of the play-off system.

I realise that this may result in fewer matches but there would be compensation in quality would supercede quantity.

Bring thou's in and speedway would be dead the play off semi final and final will have the biggest crowd's of the season and is the life blood of keeping speedway alive this is 2005 not 1972 at hyde road :mad:

I think that it needs people who are not involved in the promotion of the sport to work out the rules. The present situation is as stupid as the inmates at the scrubs formulating the prison rules based on them having a vested interest.

The rules need to be sorted out properly, right from the bike regulations through to guests, including everything inbetween.

For the Elite League:-

A proper squad system so we can get rid of guests, R/R and that stupid absent  rider rule.

A decent points limit that would enable promoters to build an Elite team of riders, not 3 or four with the rest made up of chancers.

Agree totally on your first point. On the second, I'd agree with one proviso - that clubs start with the 7 they intend to use at the end of the first month, rather than going through the charade of naming a side including no-hopers (forget 'chancers'!), dropping lots of suspicious points then redeclaring a month later. :blink:

I think that it needs people who are not involved in the promotion of the sport to work out the rules. The present situation is as stupid as the inmates at the scrubs formulating the prison rules based on them having a vested interest.

The rules need to be sorted out properly, right from the bike regulations through to guests, including everything inbetween.

Good points, Little 'UN, but possibly far to comprehensive and wide-sweeping to have in place for 2006. I feel we should go with a limited review and revision of the major rules for next year.

It would take quite some time to form a suitable body on the lines you suggest and establish with that body the terms of reference to which they must work. The framework they are given must be rigid. If not we may end up with yet another dog's dinner. They've given me so much indigestion over the past few years, that I fear another one may lead to ulcers.

Your scheme, I feel, could be effective in time for the 2007 season if work brgan on it now but would the mandarins at Rugby allow it. As the Bard put it "To be, or not to be -that is the question." I really do feel that we supporters [in every sense of the word] have been seriously wounded far to often by 'the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune' fired by the Mismanagement Committee and their cohorts.

I think the topmen in speedway want to be making a few changes for the good of the sport in 2006.....

1. tactical sub rule

2. teams using guests from elite league

3. introduce a system where if a rider gets excluded for dangerous riding say 4

times in a season he is given a 3-4 match ban

4. teams can only use guest for 10 matches if a rider gets injures, then they have to replace him or bring in a conference league guest.

anyone think of any more.

Edited by bbj

costs, points limit, and some radical changes to save even more teams from going out of bussiness, back to basics.

...transfers, conflicts with GP and other leagues, governance and independent administration of rules...the list is endless.