British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
howling gorgon

Rudy Muts

I have been routing through my old programmes, I have found one with a wimbledon rider called Rudy Muts, I have written his name in the programme so it may be the wrong spelling, I have written "dutch" by his name so I assume he was from the netherlands?

The programme was from my 1979 collection, although I have no cover on it so it could be a year either way.

Anyone remember him & if so what happened to him? I have never heard of any dutch riders other than wiggy racing on a dutch licence I think?

Rudy muts was a semi decent rider in his day, he ended up in 83 on swindons asset list, at the time its assumed he was part of the mike ferreria deal but he never rode for swindon, in fact he never rode as far as i can tell for anyone after 79/80 for the dons.

Other Cloggies are Henny Kroze who was good and Henk Stemen who was bad.

Rudy only rode for Wimbledon (77-81) and had a bad smash in 79 i think.

He was a very tall rider who averaged around 5.5 in the top league in his career, as Dekker said he ended up on Swindon's list but never rode.

Other Tulip ticklers were Piet Seur and Frits Koppe who rode for King's Lynn and weren't much cop.

Also Henk Bangma who rode for Exeter before badly smashing his leg in his first ride at Peterboro for Swindon.

Rudy Muts broke his neck riding, so I think that's what ended his career.

Steve Gibson (SVG2 on the forum) was a good mate of Rudy so could possibly give you more info....

when he gets back from golfing in La Manga

Guest wes lake

Bumped into Rudy in Vojens last year, his job was as a chauffer driving round some high powered buisness man. looked the same little bit heavier as most ex riders are but doing fine. Was as you say not a great rider but had his moments and was and still is a real nice guy.

Other Cloggies are Henny Kroze who was good and Henk Stemen who was bad.

Henny Kroeze was awful for Sheffield, although great for Halifax, first ever rider to get a 21 point maximum.