Sign in to follow this  
bomberzbabe

announced wildcards for cardiff..

DAVID HOWE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and simon stead

just incase anyones interested :lol:

go david go david go david

very happy noiw 8) :):):):)

Can't help but feel that a certain Trelawny and Peterborough rider has been a bit hard done by there.

yes i would have loved bomber to have got it of course.

his name werent put 4wd though was it???

I am shall we say pi$$ed off that Chris did not get a shout, fair enough David and Simon are flying but Chris is just as good, if not the best u21 ridser this country has.

He would have won this years u21 GB Final if he did not fall in the Semi (whilst winning) due to bad track conditions.

And for club and individual level he always seems to fair better than those that have been picked.

I am however, in full support of Simon and David.

Please do not take this as me having ago at those riders or anyone for that matter, just think Chris should have got the nod.

I agree, Chris should of been given a chance I think...

Anyway, nice to see that Simon Stead will be riding :)

Difficult choice to make. Personally I'd have gone with David and Bomber, but I'll cheer on any Brit. :approve:

Call me a pessimist, but i just think that ££££ through the gate has come before the best selection.

how sad to have to pick two riders like that for our wildcards at least the showers will still be hot when they go out :x :x

Well I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I don't believe that Simon Stead deserves the wild card selection.

David Howe I can live with that decision, but i don't really see the point in putting Steady in. I can list 3 or 4 riders who I think would do a better job as wild card - don't really think anyone deserves a place - I personally would pick 2 riders who could actually mix it at that level.

Dean Barker having his best season for years

Stuart Robson also having his best ever season

Gary Havelock - always a rider for a big occassion

Carl Stonehewer - would have qualified anyway if it wasn't for injury

And to get flamed even more, why do both cards have to be british. I would have thought a great piece of GP management would have been to ask Billy Hamill to take a wild card slot. I am sure even Billy would have been tempted by a one-off chance.

Good luck to both David and Steady - they will have my union jack support on the night, I just think they may get very very outclassed.

Go on lads prove me wrong

Have to admit that if you are looking for an in form young brit, you would have to go for Chris Harris.

I know that he is not a brit but Hamill is riding so well at the moment (and better than last year) he should be offered a wildcard. The competition is all the better for someone of his calibre making an appearance-even if it is a one off.

No disrespect to Simon Stead but he isn't good enough for the GP series and can only be considered as elimination fodder. It is a sad indictment of the strength of talent in the UK at present that after Nicholls, Loram and Richardson, there is really no one else of any significance coming through.

Guest Jo_H

I have to say im not simon stead`s biggest fan either however im sure a certain youngster will be pleased hes riding mentioning no names :shock:;) ill just be cheering the brits on whoever we have as wildcards :)

Looks like a poor decision to leave Chris Harris out to me.

IMO he is far more deserving of a place than Simon Stead on this years form.

The other choice is difficult as there is a big gap from Loram at number 3 to the next bunch of English riders. The likes of Screen, Havvy and Stoney have had they're day and the younger lads (of which we have quite a decent bunch at the mo) are quite ready yet. Therefore i suppose Howe is as good a choice as any. early baths for the pair of them though i suspect

I think Stead has been chosen to attract the large Workington following.Surely that could have been done by giving Stoney a ride particularly as he lost his permanent place through injury.