British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bomberzbabe

announced wildcards for cardiff..

Can only agree with most of the comments so far. I've nothing against Simon Stead, but on recent form Chris Harris can consider himself very unlucky.

I agree with the selection of Howe for sure, but I don't think Steady will be able to live with any of the GP riders this year. OK, so Chris Harris might not do much better but he is doing well in the EL and his form at the moment is brilliant.

Interesting point about Hamill, personally I wonder whether Billy Janniro should have got the nod as one of the up and coming non-Brits...but whether that would be a popular move amongst fans and riders I don't know.. ;) Just glad it's a couple of youngsters getting a chance though - the old boys have had their time. Let the young'uns see what's out there for them if they want it! :)

I thought Stuart Robson and the Bomber would have been given a chance.

No detraction from those nominated, however ...

i believe bomber is riding better than simon.

i think it should a been dave and chris-but i am bias bcoz i get on with them.

there are no gp's in usa or oz maybe some of thes rider should be given a chance

Guest Spooner

What about Dean Barker!!! He is doing very well in the Elite League never mind doing it in the premier!! On the BSPA site it mentions the fact they have been rewarded because of Potential!! In my eyes this is a pathetic reason - so because they will be brilliant in a few years we will put them in now - it makes no sense to me!! If they were after a premier league rider (or Workington) then what about Carl Stonehewer!!! He has proven that he can compete in the GP's and infact is a better rider than Simon Stead at the moment!! Personally I simply don't agree with it!!

What about Dean Barker!!! He is doing very well in the Elite League never mind doing it in the premier!! On the BSPA site it mentions the fact they have been rewarded because of Potential!! In my eyes this is a pathetic reason - so because they will be brilliant in a few years we will put them in now - it makes no sense to me!! If they were after a premier league rider (or Workington) then what about Carl Stonehewer!!! He has proven that he can compete in the GP's and infact is a better rider than Simon Stead at the moment!! Personally I simply don't agree with it!!

I can see the benefits of putting young riders with potential in to give them a taster for years to come, after all England wants future World Champions and to achieve that these boys need every bit of experience they can get (although i don't think either Howe or Stead will ever achieve that accolade), i see no benefit in putting in riders who are neither going to improve, or challenge the top men in the event. In my opinion messrs Barker, Stonehewer, Screen, Havelock etc all fall into that category.

Guest Spooner
i see no benefit in putting in riders who are neither going to improve, or challenge the top men in the event.

You are telling me that Simon Stead will Challenge the likes of Lee Richardson, Jason Lyons etc better than Dean Barker would at this precise moment in time??? Fair enough in Years to come - but why not wait untill then, instead of putting a wild card in who will most likely turn up and get two lasts (unless theres an exclusion or ef). Not even the biggest Simon Stead fan if being honest will admitt he has a better chance of doing well than Dean Barker!!

i see no benefit in putting in riders who are neither going to improve, or challenge the top men in the event.

You are telling me that Simon Stead will Challenge the likes of Lee Richardson, Jason Lyons etc better than Dean Barker would at this precise moment in time??? Fair enough in Years to come - but why not wait untill then, instead of putting a wild card in who will most likely turn up and get two lasts (unless theres an exclusion or ef). Not even the biggest Simon Stead fan if being honest will admitt he has a better chance of doing well than Dean Barker!!

I think you'll find Simon comes into the will improve section!!

Deano (as good a season as he's having) doesn't fit into either

Interesting point about Hamill, personally I wonder whether Billy Janniro should have got the nod as one of the up and coming non-Brits...but whether that would be a popular move amongst fans and riders I don't know.. ;)

I think you do really Rabbit. ;)

Dean Barker having his best season for years

Testimonial season as well. Would have been nice to have seen him riding @ Cardiff.

Good Luck to Simon & David, I'm sure the British fans will be behind you all the way, my lot will be :!:

Knowing Steady & his injuries record, he'll probably get injured before then. I hope not though as no one likes to see riders injured. I have to agree though the Bomber should be in there, because i think he'd give the GP boys a run for their money, remebering a few races with Nicki Pedersen & Tony Rickardsson over the last two years, and a certain Mr. Crump on his own patch (well no-one except a fit Sully rides 'boro like Crumpy!)

Keep it up Bomber your time will come!!

Chris 'Bomber' Harris - Britain's Next World Champion!!

ps. If Loramski doesn't ride, who'll get his spot :?:

Mr.Harris, i hope!

ronni pederson will take his place as he is the next reserve.

i reckon.

Us Workington fans are thrilled to bits for the lad at the moment and I have sent him an e-mail personally wishing him all the best. In fact he is over the moon at being picked. If you had seen him on Saturday you would know what a good rider he is, he was fantastic and his passing is out of this world. He equalled the fastest time of the season round Derwent Park on Saturday in the same meeting as Stoney did it as well which was only 0.2 off Stoneys track record. So that should show you how good he is and he has a few years on Stoney as well. He will be the youngest GP rider there has ever been for the british GP so good look mate you have the whole of Workington behind you and probably some of your home town of Sheffield as well.

Out with the old and in with the new BUT. Defo Chris Harris for me then anyone from Barker, Robson, Howe. But Stead struggles to beat the likes of Rob Grant many times around Brough if he was injury free and on form then maybe but others will feel hard done by. My fave was Harris but maybe's next time. As for those who think it should go to the American's u should go and give yourself a slap this is the BRITISH Grand Prix not the Daytona we only have 3 permanent GP riders and 1 of them is a wild card this is the lowest it's ever been.