Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bomberzbabe

announced wildcards for cardiff..

As for those who think it should go to the American's u should go and give yourself a slap this is the BRITISH Grand Prix not the Daytona we only have 3 permanent GP riders and 1 of them is a wild card this is the lowest it's ever been.

I'm with you on this one Porter, there was a suggestion somewhere on here that the wildcards should be foreign riders, as you say though this is the BRITISH Grand Prix xx

XX COME XX

As for those who think it should go to the American's u should go and give yourself a slap this is the BRITISH Grand Prix not the Daytona we only have 3 permanent GP riders and 1 of them is a wild card this is the lowest it's ever been.

I'm with you on this one Porter, there was a suggestion somewhere on here that the wildcards should be foreign riders, as you say though this is the BRITISH Grand Prix xx

XX COME

Im sure your opinion was the same when Mark Loram was given wildcard entries by all the other countries a few years back?????? :roll: :roll:

I agree with the majority in that Simon Stead is not up to a GP!

But someone said that it was something to do with money............If this was the case, surely Stoney would have got one???

He could half fill the place with his fanbase!!!!

Id have gone for David+Stoney :D

He will be the youngest GP rider there has ever been for the british GP so good look mate you have the whole of Workington behind you and probably some of your home town of Sheffield as well.

Valc, Sorry but I don't actually think that anywhere anyone has said that they won't be supporting the two British lads. He will be getting a lot of support from Coventry, Belle Vue, Eastbourne in fact from every team in Britain.

Porter,

What a load of tosh. Personally I would prefer to see a couple of riders who could make a difference to a race result, and I don't think Steady will or David for that matter. It doesn't matter if the Wildcards are American, Danish, Swedish, Outer Mongolian - after all they will be providing entertainment

I would love to see 10 British riders in the GP, however you have to qualify the same as any nation, and if we only have 3, it just means that we don't have the calibre of riders that are required in the GP.

But the GPs are not all about the best riders in the world altho in the main they are there ............ having representatives from all the nations holding a GP comes into it most definitely!!

Like Dean Barker said in the Speedway Star this week he thought the GPs were about the best/on form riders which judging by the averages he is this season! I, too, believe that neither Simon or Howey will make an impact BUT I'll be pleased if they prove me wrong! I suppose you could say that they should be able to as the other young riders in the GPs have!!

Oh im sorry did we not have the calibre in 1995 then when Jason Crump was our wild card for some reason.The reason being we had 6 Brits in it already! Bring back the day's when it was a minimum of 3 Brits per team!

PS also notice you are from Coventry. More like should be sent to for treason!

from Coventry and extremely proud to be.

And I also notice you are from teesside so you must classed as

northern :)

grow up - everyone is allowed their opinion.

Seeing we go to be entertained, then i think it should be the best two riders for the job. if Simon Stead does any better than two lasts i'd be surprised, after all he was beaten by the likes of Adrian Rymel and Paul Thorp in the last week.

Stuart Robson isn't exactly old is he?? I know he's now injured but no-one even put him forward. Stonehewer would have brought the Workington following, and more of them, as he's still definitely their favourite rider.

North East to be precise!

What :?:

You're from ABERDEEN :?: :twisted: :evil:

"British Grand Prix"

Surely the most important part of the above are the second and third words??

Shouldn't these meetings be a contest between the best riders in the world? This one seems to have one of the weaker line-ups!

The series is already worse off for the loss of Hamill, so (love him or not)to omit him was error number one IMO. The GP authorities would expect a British nominee as well, so you'd have thought either the best non-qualifier from last year (Stoney) or the best young up'n'comer (Harris). Nope - error number two.

I've not got anything against Howe and Stead - I just don't think they deserve it (yet).

i'm all for the British riders doing well and all that, but the fact is we don't have any quality past the top 3.

no disrespect to Dean Barker as he doing a quality job at the moment, but he would be just another Andy Smith in GP dreamland.

Stead and Howe I expect, will be battling for last place.... yes, last place.

Sorry but the quality is not there for a GP yet. 2 years...then do it, but now is too soon.

Hamill has to be a good move... he could still be world champion (no i am not a USA supporter or Coventry, but speedway) and could come in and actually win the meeting.

Sky Sports pay so much attention to the British riders in their coverage, and it could prove to be quite embarrassing.

I hope I am proved wrong but I just don't see it.

Oh im sorry did we not have the calibre in 1995 then when Jason Crump was our wild card for some reason.

Was this the same Jason Crump that when he won a round in another Grandprix would not put it down to a win for Britain but for Australia :?

Porter,

What a load of tosh. Personally I would prefer to see a couple of riders who could make a difference to a race result, and I don't think Steady will or David for that matter. It doesn't matter if the Wildcards are American, Danish, Swedish, Outer Mongolian - after all they will be providing entertainment

I would love to see 10 British riders in the GP, however you have to qualify the same as any nation, and if we only have 3, it just means that we don't have the calibre of riders that are required in the GP.

I see where you are coming from Chivs. But being British, I totally support putting Stead and Howe in. The current GP standings must be the worst ever from a British perspective. Therefore its more urgent than ever before to try and fastrack our best youngsters to this level.

They probably won't pull up any trees, but they have absolutely nothing to lose. Who knows maybe the support of the British crowd could inspire them to a surprise or two. I'll certainly be cheering them on. :lol: