British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Ekstra Liga Grand Final - 25-09-05

Ah well, Sky have been wrong before and they'll be wrong in the future. Who cares? Sophie Blake is gorgeous.

Couldn't agree more :)

Does Polsat have a Sophie Blake?

No :(

But we got a nice girl named Daria Kabala who makes interviews in pits during GPs. The best in her is that she's from Bydgoszcz :)

What was the racing like tonight? Tomasz Gollob looked to be in his usual Bydgoszcz form, except for Ht 4 when Klecha and Pepe 5-1ed him, although the updates seemed to suggest that Pepe spent most of the heat fighting off Gollob's attacks.

There were some very exciting heats, mainly these ones with TG and AJ :)

Sorry but I'm too tired to write more tonight... I will make a short report from the final tomorrow.

Goodnight and GLORIA VICTIS!

...we got a nice girl named Daria Kabala who makes interviews in pits during GPs. The best in her is that she's from Bydgoszcz  :)

... is that all ? :-)

Jonsson has impressed me (despite him nicking my hotel room) in the latter part of this year, it would be great to see him in Polonia meeting.

OK, a few words about the match.

Heat 1 - confusion

Heat 2 - the 1st great euphory of this day

Heat 3 - big confusion...

Heat 4 - the 2nd great euphory of this day, but as it turned out later - the last one...

Then we had some 3:3s and it was already certain, that Unia are to take the Champ title. For Bydgoszcz the match ended around the heat 6 when Klecha was excluded. But no one did stop supporting the team to at least win this match and save a status of an unbeaten home track team... But Bydgoszcz riders seemed to be a bit down and burnt out after "failing" the first part of the meeting. And such damn good Tarnow used it winning 5:1 over AJ and PePe in the heat 15 that gave them a victory 46:44 overall. Anyway, after that there was a very nice celebration and all fans thanked Polonia for this great success which second place is.

Before the match we hung a special banner for this occasion: Polonia, for us you are already the Champions!.

That's how it looked from my point of view.

... is that all ? :-)

On Polish speedway tv - I guess so...

Daria's rather not that kind of woman which Sophie is. She's not a former topless model :wink: but just a cute Polish girl with nice curves and and even nicer dark hair :)

Well, I think your friend Marta looks very nice indeed.

Indeed :wink: The first lady of our fan club.

Edited by Mateusz

with the polish play off finals as massive as they are you would think that someone would have the matches for sale on dvd in england? would be intresting for english fans to see

I'd like to see an early season challenge between the Ekstra Liga and Elite League champions over two legs (easier than a Elite League-Elitserien, since there's less of a cross-over with riders). It'd be a huge draw in the UK, although I'm not sure about how it would be received in Poland.

Just imagine, this season it would've been Poole versus Tarnow:

Poole (BP, Sullivan, Lindback, Ferjan, Kasprzak, Morton, Kennett/Ashworth)

Tarnow (TR, the brothers Gollob, Rempalas G and M, Kolodziej and Burza/Wardzala)

It would've been fantastic.

Edit:

Yes, I know, Unia Tarnow would've won easily. But we'd have seen Tomasz Gollob riding on a proper track in this country again. Poole would've been packed to the rafters for it, I'm sure.

Edited by Subedei

I have all matches of Polonia Bydgoszcz in play-off (Czestochowa-Bydgoszcz, Bydgoszcz-Czestochowa, Tarnow-Bydgoszcz, Bydgoszcz-Tarnow) recorded into MPEG files. It's about 6 GB.

I'm open to any offers of exchange.

Jonsson has impressed me (despite him nicking my hotel room) in the latter part of this year, it would be great to see him in Polonia meeting.

That's what AJ said:

Bydgoszcz is a place where I feel fantastic, it couldn't be different (about signing). I have even never thought that I could leave this team which means so much for me. There are really no fans like these ones in Bydgoszcz anywhere else. This what I feel when I ride for Bydgoszcz is just wonderful.

Look... how couldn't I love this city and these people... I couldn't make a different decision than signing with Polonia. - said AJ just after a little boy tried to say in English how much he liked Andreas :)

Moving :rolleyes:

I have all matches of Polonia Bydgoszcz in play-off (Czestochowa-Bydgoszcz, Bydgoszcz-Czestochowa, Tarnow-Bydgoszcz, Bydgoszcz-Tarnow) recorded into MPEG files. It's about 6 GB.

I'm open to any offers of exchange.

I dont have anything to swap so it's a shame.

Andreas is very correct about Bydgoszcz. As Adams re-signed for Leszno today?

No problem Hazzman ;) - check out your pm :)

Bydgoszcz is a place where I feel fantastic, it couldn't be different (about signing). I have even never thought that I could leave this team which means so much for me. There are really no fans like these ones in Bydgoszcz anywhere else. This what I feel when I ride for Bydgoszcz is just wonderful.

Sounds like the sort of things Coventry fans (some of them anyway) would have you believe Jonsson thinks of them as well.

OK, but so far I haven't had any reasons not to believe him. Since he came here he has always seemed to be a nice, sincere and a direct dude. Hope it won't change.

This one, Ladies and Gentleman, feels a lot sweeter that the one last year. In my opinion, it was harder to get and at times during the regular season we had doubts Unia could repeat. There is the general feeling that we used our chance. Now with Janusz and Marcin turning seniors and a huge gap on junior position it seems that getting to be just medal contender next year is going to be hard enough. Plus we have unclear situation with the sponsorship as the contract with Trzebinia expires after this season. Although we hear commitments from our management that the team should be intact for next year, I will believe it when I see contract signatures. For now it all looks uncertain. But, enough of worries about the future. We do celebrate here in Tarnow and it all started on Sunday. Those who cold not go to Bydgoszcz to support our team there had the opportunity to watch the match on the stadium. The turnout was quite good, about 9-10 thousands, considering. And it was all match like atmosphere. I’m one happy camper :D

Edited by Leliwa