British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Polish Winter 2005/2006

The 2005 league season in Poland is almost over.

The final results of this year's Ekstraliga after play-off are as follows:

1. Tarnow :angry:

2. Bydgoszcz :D

3. Czestochowa

4. Torun :rolleyes:

5. Leszno

6. Wrocław

7. Gdansk

8. Zielona Gora - relegated to Division 1

promoted to 2006 Ekstraliga: Rzeszow

The only uncertainty is if Gdansk stays in Ekstraliga for next year as the 7th-placed team has to ride home & away matches against the 2nd-placed team of Division 1 that are Ostrow. Everything's possible of course, but in opinion Gdansk should save Ekstraliga. Anyway, for the rest of teams it's all over and autumn/winter transfer season is coming. In this thread I'll be making some updates about transfers, line-up changes, new sponsors etc... I hope Subedei and others who are interested in Polish speedway will join me in this discussion.

So, at first some confirmed information:

1) Foreigners that have already signed: Jonsson (Bydgoszcz), Adams (Leszno), B.Pedersen (Gdansk). There are not many class riders that guarantee a good score in every meeting so after some nice performances in Tarnow Scott Nicholls may be a hot target...

2) Rzeszow are about to sign with Max, Rickardsson should finish his career in Tarnow.

3) Wroclaw are not gonna sign Andersen and Lindback who did not do well this year. They are interested in getting Crump from Torun or N.Pedersen from Zielona Gora.

4) Bydgoszcz have already 5 riders for 2006: Jonsson, PePe, Buczkowski (19), Jedrzejewski (18), Lopaczewski (16 but very gifted; passed his speedway licence exam five weeks ago). Sawina and Klecha are to stay as well but Krzyzaniak's and Robacki's situation is very uncertain after a poor season of them. Polonia's eye is kept on Miskowiak, Chrzanowski, Kosciecha and at least one of them should be signed... There's also a rumour about Hampel (!) but honestly I don't believe it much.

And some less official news:

5) A future of champion Tarnow is very uncertain... There are gonna be some changes soon in Polish oil trade and it's not known if Rafineria Trzebina sponsor Unia next year. It's all about money so there have already appeared some rumours about possible Gollobs' leaving. Rzeszow that got promoted to Ekstraliga may get a new great sponsor (yes - an oil company!) and maybe become something like Unia Tarnow was in 2004 and 2005... We'll see.

I think that Leliwa from Tarnow could have some more information in this case.

Edited by Mateusz

What's happening with Marek Karwan, the unpopular president of Torun and uber-boss of Polish speedway?

With Marcin Rempala and Janusz Kolodziej moving into the "main" part of the Unia Tarnow team for 2006, wasn't it always likely that the Gollobs would be on the move? I guess TG's place in the team would be assured, but Jacek would probably have had to settle for a Burza-Wardzala role. Can't see the Gollobs settling for that.

Edited by Subedei

Few points to add from my side, concerning Unia Tarnow.

1. Contract with Rafineria Trzebinia expires after this season and is unlikly to be continued regardles of political situaltion. The management should have some announcements concerning new sponsors in few weeks, at least that is what they say.

2. According to managment thay want to keep the team intact more or less, this concerns mostly Marcin, Janusz, Gollob brothers and Tony. Again, money talks, we will know more in few weeks, I hope.

3. Unofficial information is that Burza had already agreed on terms with Krosno team.

4. Management officaly confirm they are going to pursue Pawel Hlib to fill up the gap after Janusz and Marcin turn senior.

more will be known soon I think. Right now it is just speculations.

Edited by Leliwa

Some correction...

Wrocław will probably do sign Hans Andersen as he has very strong group of local supporters behind and also because of the fact that in next season there will be permission to type 2 foreigners in Polish line ups again. Wrocław probably will sign 2 Danes: N. Pedersen & H. Andersen. Grand!

2) Rzeszow are about to sign with Max

Max unlikley to ride anywhere in 2006 due to his injuries

4) Bydgoszcz have already 5 riders for 2006: Jonsson, PePe, Buczkowski (19), Jedrzejewski (18), Lopaczewski (16 but very gifted; passed his speedway licence exam five weeks ago). Sawina and Klecha are to stay as well but Krzyzaniak's and Robacki's situation is very uncertain after a poor season of them. Polonia's eye is kept on Miskowiak, Chrzanowski, Kosciecha and at least one of them should be signed... There's also a rumour about Hampel (!) but honestly I don't believe it much.

Krzysztof Pecyna will be signing for Bydgoszcz for 2006

What's happening with Marek Karwan, the unpopular president of Torun and uber-boss of Polish speedway?

On 5th October he resigns from being the chairman of Apator Torun.

Krzysztof Pecyna will be signing for Bydgoszcz for 2006

:blink: Who has told you that???

I have some good informers stricktly connected with the Polonia management and among names of many riders there was no mention about Pecyna...

Edited by Mateusz

Mateusz are the 5 rideSr you spoken about confirmed signed for Polonia?

All keep all the confirmed teams and their riders on here.

ONLY confirmed riders.

(f) = foreigner

Tarnow

Bydgoszcz - Andreas Jonsson (F), Protazewicz, Buczkowski, Jedrzejewski, Lopaczewski,

Czestochowa

Torun

Leszno - Leigh Adams (F)

Wroclaw

Rzeszow

Gdansk (if they stay within the division) - Bjarne Pedersen (F)

Edited by Hazzman

Mateusz are the 5 riders you spoken about confirmed signed for Polonia?

Yes. AJ signed one week ago. PePe, Buczkowski and Jedrzejewski signed last year for 2 years so their contracts are of course still valid. Young Lopaczewski was "bought" for at least 3 seasons (06,07,08) from a famous speedway school in Pawlowice where in past Hampel and Miskowiak started with speedway... His trainer from this school says that he's even better than Hampel when he was at his age. I hope his career will be led well and soon we may have a really good rider.

Edited by Mateusz

Will Poznan or any new clubs be racing in 2006? Is there any truth in Walasek moving to Zielona Gora? I can't see why he would want to drop down a division, especially when i thought his main sponsors had connections with Czestochowa.

I can't see why he would want to drop down a division, especially when i thought his main sponsors had connections with Czestochowa.

Maybe the Poole fiasco spoiled Walasek's relations with Czestochowa.

Anyway, on a side issue, Czestochowa's stadium is being completely renovated over the close season.

If Zielona Gora would have saved themselves in Ekstraliga for 2006 there would be no doubts now - Walasek would have already gone to Zielona Gora. He's from there and he lives there. He was to sign with Zielona as his current relations with the management of Czestochowa are, let's say, not good... Poole's case was only a proof of it. But Zielona have been relegated and I don't know if Greg would like to ride in Division 1.

I have some good informers stricktly connected with the Polonia management and among names of many riders there was no mention about Pecyna...

Well, I don't know who TNT133 is, but little bird tells me he got his information from Pecyna himself :-)

On 5th October he resigns from being the chairman of Apator Torun.

:blink: Who has told you that???

See below

Well, I don't know who TNT133 is, but little bird tells me he got his information from Pecyna himself :-)

I dont know who told you, but your right. KP Nuts as I refer to him told me a week ago when Wolves were riding against Oxford.

He is getting a new engine sorted out and bring his top 2005 Polish bike to England in 2006. He has held talks with CVS regarding next season alrerady.

Well, nobody told me as such. I just two (Pecyna) and two (Wolf Cry) together :-)

Well Done !