British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

i really hope sean enjoyed his night and had a cracking day

I wonder if Crump has a motorcycling licence to ride the superbike!

I wonder if Crump has a motorcycling licence to ride the superbike!
Didn't he have a bike stolen a few years ago? If he did, I assume he has a licence.

great meeting, would be great to see nikki and that every week, great riding, really attact the track, and i think compton and stead saw the diffrence between, el and pl. :approve::D

Sheffield have to Elite League to see that every week.

Some crackin racing for an early season meeting, great crowd, good weather (apart from the temperature!!) exactly what Sean deserved on his big day. :D

Nice to hear that the meeting wasn't Sean's last as it was said in the interval he would be riding in Sully's testimonial at Peterborough next month, looks like Sean could be high on the wanted list when teams can chop and change their line ups.

How many there today?

not as many as I expected....imo a very dissapointing turnout for someone whos been in the business for 20 years. I'd have like to have seen more forum members there but hey! you cant have it all can ya?

was good to see liontamer, steve turner, andrew, phil, rubytuesday, a61, silver cheetah and shoddy

Congrats on being the daddy of a 2 month old son shoddy :)

Yeah it was a great meeting, was good to see the top guys again going around olwerton, some superb racing and a healthy crowd, but not as many as i thought there would be.

It was also good to stand on the back straight for the first time, had a great view from there B)

Was announced it was only 2500 approx there. Shame since there was so many positive to get there last week that couldn't make it this time round!

Was an all round great meeting. A lot of fantastic riders and extremely impressive riding! Shame I didn't know anyone from the forum I could have seen and said hello to but Oh well there's always next time I guess!

Well done to Sean and the team for a night's worth of entertainment which was worth every penny paid! Sean looked happy enough when he was going to get changed, despite having been drenched in champagne by all the guys and then complaining that all of them would have used up all the hot water in the showers so he was cold and soaked! At least he was laughing and smiling in the process of shivering!

I thought I also heard 2500 announced, which means on a regular Thursday night there must be less than 1500 their?????

The turnout was about what I expected though and it was great to see the top riders around Sheffield. First 4 heats were a bit of a procession but once the track dried out and the riders got used to it there was some great races. Nicki and Leigh going at it in heat 8 and Nicki's swoop around Scott in the final where the highlights for me.

Thanks to Sean for arranging such a great line up at Owlerton and good luck in the future.

they did announce 2500, but its hard to tell how many exactly, also, i didn't get a free dvd, which if there where 2,500 there, then surely i should have recieved one too.

anyway, i'll probably buy one

Fantastic meeting B) enjoyed it so much, some brillient speedway riding and what a line up, even with the re-staging and a couple of injuries/illnesses! Exactly what Sean deserved, a night to be proud of! :)

shame it wasnt a bit warmer!

oh....and if you got a free dvd, watch it, its dead funny!

So 500 DVD's on E bay tomorrow to raise a little more cash!!

Only joking. Pleased the meet finally happened and to those that were able to go Im pleased you all enjoyed your day. :)