British Speedway Forum
f-s-p

Jason Bonsignore Signed...

Apparently he couldn't get a deal to play ice hockey in the NHL this season, so he came to play for the Pelicans from Lahti. Scored 3+0 yesterday against Lukko from Rauma. I wonder if he's already been to the Lahti track at Pipo?

Perhaps someone could explain to me how this relates to speedway, please?

Jason is the promoter at Batavia Speedway, NY; Champion Speedway NY; owner of Action Park East Speedway, NY; sponsor of amongst others Josh Larson, Chris Manchester, Jeremy Parsons, Tom Sephton, Gene Bonsignore (His Dad) and rides as #64a on the NY Speedway Scene. He is the official Jawa importer for NY, and also imports most of the Speedway parts to the East Coast. He runs the JBR Speedway team (mostly his sponsored riders) He is also a talented Ice Hockey Player and plays Hockey to keep his East Coast Speedway interests alive.

(He's also a mate of mine - but saying that would be simply showing off!)

Does that qualify his inclusion in the BSF?

It certainly did for the speedway star this summer! Thats how I got to know this story. And also why I thought I had no obligation to explain. Pelicans are playing here in three weeks, might have to go to that one!

Edited by f-s-p

Jason is the promoter at Batavia Speedway, NY; Champion Speedway NY; owner of Action Park East Speedway, NY; sponsor of amongst others Josh Larson, Chris Manchester, Jeremy Parsons, Tom Sephton, Gene Bonsignore (His Dad) and rides as #64a on the NY Speedway Scene. He is the official Jawa importer for NY, and also imports most of the Speedway parts to the East Coast. He runs the JBR Speedway team (mostly his sponsored riders)  He is also a talented Ice Hockey Player and plays Hockey to keep his East Coast Speedway interests alive.

Thank you for that, Ian, Mr Bonsignore certainly quailifies for inclusion. As I don't take the Speedway Star I was not aware of the gentlemans existence.

Guest speedyguy
Jason is the promoter at Batavia Speedway, NY; Champion Speedway NY; owner of Action Park East Speedway, NY; sponsor of amongst others Josh Larson, Chris Manchester, Jeremy Parsons, Tom Sephton, Gene Bonsignore (His Dad) and rides as #64a on the NY Speedway Scene. He is the official Jawa importer for NY, and also imports most of the Speedway parts to the East Coast. He runs the JBR Speedway team (mostly his sponsored riders)  He is also a talented Ice Hockey Player and plays Hockey to keep his East Coast Speedway interests alive.

Hasn't Champion been sold off and closed? Isn't there a doubt over Action Park for next season - it was on lease to another group this season. That leaves just Batavia for 2006 - doesn't look a big deal for the East Coast next year.

AFAIK Champion is still promoted by Jason, but the ownership of the venue site is in some dispute. I was told all about it last year when I stayed with one of the Riders in NY, but it's too complicated to go into here. If someone wanted to promote Speedway at Champion, then Jason may only be to pleased to let them.

Action Park East has been up for sale for two years. In 2005, Dave Richards and Donovan Dorsey promoted the Speedway there, but the word is that Jason may have sold up and a new owner may not have plans for Speedway.

However both venues have had more comebacks than Lazarus

As for Batavia, Jason will continue to promote there.

Bear in mind that Jason has invested close to half a million dollars in three tracks for little return, and back biting from some of the fans have diminished his enthusiasm for the sport somewhat.

He lives in Rochester, which is a 3hour drive from the Southern Tier of NY where Owego and Greene are. Batavia is on his doorstep, so why put up with the hassle when you can make a fresh start down the road?

Mind you, some of the East Coast backbiting makes the disputes on this forum quite mild by comparison!

In seven games Jason Bonsignore scored 4+1, and was left without a contract. I take that he's gonna go home, so there goes that interview... :cry:

:D