British Speedway Forum
witchnut

Saturday Uk Terrestrial Tv Speedway Round Up

Anybody out there think that a weekly 30 min saturday speedway round up program would be viable on a UK terrestrial television channel, and that it could be both sufficiently interesting for speedway fans and also be accessable enough to create interest for non-speedway fans and convert a few.

My proposed program would contain:

International news, with pics, video clips and short interviews with those involved

UK news, with pics, video clips and short interviews with those involved

Weekly feature, pick from: a team, a rider, a country, a GP, history, an incident

Elite table positions noting any exciting changes and a few "heats of the week" purchased from Sky, ReRun wherever

Premier table as above

Conference table as above

Whats happening in the following week, in the UK, and abroad.

Anybody out there think that a weekly 30 min saturday speedway round up program would be viable on a UK terrestrial television channel, and that it could be both sufficiently interesting for speedway fans and also be accessable enough to create interest for non-speedway fans and convert a few.

My proposed program would contain:

International news, with pics, video clips and short interviews with those involved

UK news, with pics, video clips and short interviews with those involved

Weekly feature, pick from: a team, a rider, a country, a GP, history, an incident

Elite table positions noting any exciting changes and a few "heats of the week" purchased from Sky, ReRun wherever

Premier table as above

Conference table as above

Whats happening in the following week, in the UK, and abroad.

Would Sky allow it though? I had a feeling that somelone had said before that in the past when Sky have been aproached for permission for other TV companies to film at EL tracks they had refused.

Would Sky allow it though? I had a feeling that somelone had said before that in the past when Sky have been aproached for permission for other TV companies to film at EL tracks they had refused.

Channel 4 ran a highlights program for one season, as I remember they were using Sky footage and graphics.

I would have thought Sky would be glad of the revenue from re-selling the highlights, after all its not competing with their live coverage and they ould agree on transmission times that were mutually acceptable.

Matt

i would't mind that as think speedway need a magazine programme like that as you see on sky most other sports have them.

I like the idea whichnut but the more i think about it the less likely I think it would happen, for speedway at least. Methinks you'd need a good sized office full of people spending a lot of time on the phone negotiating to buy clips and arranging interviews and the video-ing thereof.

Would any terrestrial channel get any meaningful return on investment from such an outlay? Would Sky?

I do applaud Sky's editors for the way they can put a sequence of clips together, some of them only minutes old, to close their programmes. A real shame that this talent isn't employed for a highlights show.

Fingers crossed. Let's hope I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

Cant understand, given the viewing figures, why SKy dont run something anyway.

Thousands would watch it and it would allow them to cover the whole sport and pick and choose what they wanted to include.

We have been down this road so many times, however T2TV are working on it.

We are getting more and more footage on TV every week, even during the close season as news becomes available.

World of Sport on a Saturday afternoon used to feature a lot of speedway when I was a kid just before the wrestling, oh those were the days it worked then so why wouldn't it work now :unsure:

All I will say is that T2TV have been working with Media Answers and Motors TV and a programme is due to go out on January 1st.

Hopefully this will be the 1st of many.

All I will say is that T2TV have been working with Media Answers and Motors TV and a programme is due to go out on January 1st.

Ken, do Motors tv have a contact email so we can email them after the show and make them aware the programe was watched and enjoyed by a wide range of people?

Mark

Ken, do Motors tv have a contact email so we can email them after the show and make them aware the programe was watched and enjoyed by a wide range of people?

Mark

they do and a forum too http://www.motorstv.com/site/home.php?lg=2

Wow what a way to start the New Year ........... Many thanks Ken, good luck with the project :approve:

sounds good, i'll be watching, and i think we should all let them know how much we enjoy it too, thats if we do enjoy it, which im sure we will B)