British Speedway Forum

The Grand Final will be held at the Brighton Indoor meeting with 4 heats being run before the semi finals in the afternoon with the last 4 remaining heats before the semi finals in the evening meeting

BUFFALO

1/ Lewis Bridger

2/ Joe Reynolds

3/ George Piper

4/ Brendan Johnson

5/ Ben Reade

COBRAS

1/ Ben Taylor

2/ Matt Bates (guest)

3/ Ben Hopwood,

4/ Ben Hannon,

5/ Ben Thompson

Edited by Wildcat Steve

You best get on the phone to Graham Arnold and get George down to the Sittingbourne mini-track then Steve, the tracks are about the same size. :D

Cant wait to see the boys attack the track, they`ll probably be more exciting than the main event.

Think Matt Bates had better change his name to Ben just for the final so that the Cobras can have five Ben's in their line up!! So it's Benny Bates at 2 !!

Great idea and good experience for the lads too.

As I get back from Oz on the 8th and with this plus Chris Kerr in the main meeting looks like a journey down to Brighton for me!!

Well,I hadnt intended going to Brighton this year.

Might just go now!

Good luck to all concerned,but especially George Piper,and my own personal favourite Brendan Johnson.

Having gone all the way to Buxton to support them in the Cup Final,Brighton will be a doddle!!

Guest Steve Dixon
You best get on the phone to Graham Arnold and get George down to the Sittingbourne mini-track then Steve, the tracks are about the same size.  :D

Cant wait to see the boys attack the track, they`ll probably be more exciting than the main event.

Whats the point of running this at Brighton if the track is the same size as Sittingbourne' training track?

Does it not become just as much a novelty meeting as the main event? B)

Whats the point of running this at Brighton if the track is the same size as Sittingbourne' training track?

Does it not become just as much a novelty meeting as the main event? B)

Dont think the AL lads will be taking it as a novelty :wink:

Guest Steve Dixon
Dont think the AL lads will be taking it as a novelty :wink:

Im sure they wouldnt but hardly a place to do a final on.

My opinion anyhow. ;)

I agree with Steve Dixon.

Look how many Stars struggle around this tiny bowl.

As much as I like watching the kids go round,I do wonder at the wisdom of this.

It's a shame to turn a Final into a lottery.

This meeting should of been run on a proper track and not at an event that is basically a good fun day out. Afterall you wouldn't see any of the Elite, Premier or Conference Finals being held at Brighton would you?

There is not much room for error at Brighton so I just hope all the lads come through this in one piece.

It's good experience on the other hand for the youngsters but no place to hold a final that they have all worked hard to get to, this meeting should of been done and dusted weeks and weeks ago on tracks that they are going to be riding full time in a couple of years or so not one off indoor venues.

Good luck to all the lads especially brendan johnson and Ben hannon!

looks a good meeting but why no jack butler

Doesn't give the Academy Final much credit when its run as a side show to Brighton, it should be held on a proper speedway track. The racing at Brighton will have nothing to do with the way the young lads race at present.

Makes a mockery of all the hard work the teams have put in.