- Rene Stellingwerf

Golden Spike series:

7.1 St.Johann im Pongau

8.1 Weißenbach

20/21.1 Flims(+Swiss championship)

28/29.1 Divisov(+Czech championship)

10.3 Assen

25/26.3 Erfurt

The 14 riders above will contest the whole series plus there will be 2 Wild cards (from any nation) at each round, plus 2 reserves.

I said this last time, but I do think that should any of the above riders qualify for the World championships, then they should be allowed to drop out of the tournament. I'm sure you remember that Bauer suffered injury at the GS Practice in Assen which has put him out for 2006 and he isn't expected to return until 2007.

Edited by Conkers

Tommy Flyktman is riding on a finnish license this year, for Kuusankoski MK. I understand he's a part of the finnish national team as well.

Conkers, our friend JB flew to play in Norway before we could close a date. I wonder if he's as fast in his moves on a bike :D

The Golden Spike Riders will wear the same numbers for all the rounds (as per the GP Series)

It also looks like there will be an Under 21 competition with five riders. Not much info on this, unless someone can translate the page?

Information from the Erfurt Site

1 Antonin Klatovsky CZ

2 Robert Eibl D

3 Johnny Tuinstra NL

4 Stefan Pletschacher D

5 Markus Skabraut A

6 Martin Leitner A

7 Stefan Svensson S

8 Tommy Flyktman SF

9 Jan Klatovsky Cz

10 Heinz Göldi CH

11 Thomas Cavigelli CH

12 René Stellingwerf NL

13 Claude Gadeyne F

14 Graham Halsall GB

15 Wild Card

16 Wild Card

17 Reserve

18 Reserve

Junior Riders (U-21)

Hans Weber, D

Anton Weber, D

Mario Schwaiger, A

Simon Gartmann, CH

Sven Holstein, NL

Surprised that Tschatschin isn't in the U21 thing,but maybe it's a bit below his standard.Sven Holstein is 19(?) year old sidecar rider.Partner and boyfriend of Crazy Daisy.

Nothing much on that page Conkers.Just saying if the meeting on the natural tracks have to be cancelled and if the new date is a date clashing with the GP.So if a rider is also in the GP,then the worst result of the riders that ride in all meetings will be cancelled out.Don't see anything explaining the U21 thing.

Edited by iris123

If anyone fancies taking in the final rounds at Erfurt the promoters have what looks like a fantastic deal.A seat for both days+ programme and one night in the Radisson SAS+ breakfast,all for just 95€(double room) or 109€(single) :)

Edited by iris123

The Golden Spike is something completely new to me.

I followed the link to the website but apart from a few Arabic expressions [which are unfit for posting on here :shock: ] I have only English. I've not heard of any of the riders, not even Graham Halsall.

I'd appreciate a rundown on the competition - and the sport if it's anything other than standard speedway.

Thank you.

Ice speedway,Bert!

Thanks, Iris. That explains my seemingly abysmal ignorance Whilst I know nothing about ice speedway I am adept at wafer ice skating! :)

:rolleyes:

Point of interest Bert.See that ex-Belle Vue ace Jimmy McMillan is machine examiner for the Ice speedway World championship qualifier in Finland.

Bert, ring Ron Shaw at Euro Rider, book on his excellent trip to Assen, see Graham Halsall ride on the Friday Night, then watch the World Championship Final rounds on Saturday and Sunday. Make sure you stand on the back straight as close to the fence as is permissible and prepare to be amazed!!!!

(Oh and you can buy me a pint as I'm in the same Hotel as Ron's trip on the Friday and Saturday!!)

Good news on Günther Bauer.He had a succesful operation last week.Just before, he was back on an Ice bike at his own track,his son as well!More here :D

Edited by iris123

Great news that Bauer is getting fitter. Perhaps a couple of Wild card spots in the Golden Spike may break him in gently, provided he doesn't try any wheelies in practice anymore! ;)

Seems like i have stumbled on the new youngster from Austria,who is appearing in the U21's.More here

Round 1 Result from St. Johann im Pongau, Austria:

FINAL:

1. Robert Eibl

2. Markus Skabraut

3. Stefan Pletschacher

4. Viatcheslav Nikulin

Scores

1. Robert Eibl (D), 15

2. Markus Skabraut (A), 12

3. Stefan Pletschacher (D), 12

4. Viatsheslav Nikulin (D), 12

5. Jan Klatovský (Cz), 10

6. Antonín Klatovský (Cz), 9

6. Johnny Tuinstra (NL), 9

6. Martin Leitner (A), 9

9. Tommy Flyktman (SF), 8

10. René Stellingwerf (NL), 7

11. Graham Halsall (GB), 5

12. Heinz Göldi (Ch), 4

13. Thomas Cavigelli (Ch), 3

13. Johann Brückner (A), 3

15. Claude Gadeyne (F), 1

16. Josef Kreuzberger (A), 1

Excellent start for Robert Eibl, but an equally good start from injury from Johnny Tuinstra, finishing 6th in his first meeting after breaking a collarbone and missing the Santa Cup. Surprise is Jan Klatvsky beating his older brother. Great start for Graham Halsall too, with his 11th place.

U 21 Races:

1. Sven Holstein (NL), 11

2. Martin Posch , 9

3. Mario Schwaiger (A), 4

Nice start to the season for Sven who at 19 looks a good prospect for the Dutch.

Next round is tommorrow at Weißenbach, Austria.

Results from Inspeed.de

Edited by Conkers

Yes,good start from Eibl.

Gave the wrong info on Sven Holstein,Conkers although i did put a question mark against his age.There was a big thing in BSA last month about his sidecar career(he won the European Sidecar title) and he is only 17.Got BSA after i put that on here and never got round to changing it.Wonder if this is a new direction in his career.Maybe we will hear more on inspeed as his girlfriend Crazy Daisy does post on there

Edited by iris123