British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gary pops

Bydgoszcz Tickets

Thanks for the info on the time changes of the Ryan Air flight. We are going out Thursday and back Monday. I just hope now that there are no delays. Is anyone stopping at the City hotel this year?

Have changed to Gdansk, flying from Stansted Friday 07.30 and return on Monday @ 11.10 from Gdansk.

Anybody else on these flights ?

Anybody know how we get from Gdansk to Bydgoszcz, (I assume trains run)

Anybody know how we get from Gdansk to Bydgoszcz, (I assume trains run)

Get bus or taxi from Gdansk airport ( link here) to Gdasnk Glowny station then train to Bydgoszcz Glowna. Timetables for trains can be found at Polrail website. Pretty frequent and reasonably fast trains between the 2 cities.

We flew into Gdansk last year and the taxi driver ended up driving us to Torun, pretty much the same distance as Bydgoszcz from Gdansk. I'd say the train is definitely a more comfortable way to travel.

Rico :rolleyes:

We flew into Gdansk last year and the taxi driver ended up driving us to Torun, pretty much the same distance as Bydgoszcz from Gdansk. I'd say the train is definitely a more comfortable way to travel.

Ooh! Harsh on the taxi driver.

In fairness, I think that the choice to take the taxi to Torun was still a good one, despite the rather erratic driving we experienced.

We arrived in Torun a good few hours before we would have done if we had waited for the train...

Having found out from the posts last night about the change of flight times (many thanks to those who posted), I phoned Ryanair this morning and after explaining I was unhappy with the change of times got a full refund on the flights I had booked for Saturday to Monday.

We are now flying with Wizzair from Luton to Gdansk and getting the train to Bydgoszcz. The cost of the flight was only £10-£15 higher than that paid with Ryanair originally.

Dont forget to add on an extra night at your hotel! B)

You know us too well! Thanks for the reminder. That's Nikki's department she will do that in the next day or two after her exams.

When I spoke to ryan Air I asked how they refund the difference as it was cheaper. She said all she could do was cancel the whole trip, refund the whole amount and I could start my booking again on-line!!

Not very happy BUT it was more a principle than anything else as they are so bloody minded - the refund should have been £1.60 :D - so I have kept this booking!!!!!

where is the track in relation to the town centre?

Try this link.

Click on Sport, rekreacja,

Underneath Stadion / Hale / Tory use the dropdown button and select BTZ Polonia

The map then zooms right in to the stadium. If you use the - (minus) button slowly to zoom out you can then see where it is in relation to the city centre (Stare Miasto)

Hope this helps.

Rico :rolleyes:

Thanks to Mr Gollobs win at Bdygoszcz in 2005 I will be attending the GP in '06 hoping for another TG win at 4/1. I've managed to convince another 3 people to come as well - 2 with no history of attending Speedway....if ur going to ur first ever speedway meeting it really should be in Bdygoszcz!

Rico & Henry - get those shots ready for the Saturday night ;-)

Edited by B52

Thanks to Mr Gollobs win at Bdygoszcz in 2005 I will be attending the GP in '06 hoping for another TG win at 4/1. I've managed to convince another 3 people to come as well - 2 with no history of attending Speedway....if ur going to ur first ever speedway meeting it really should be in Bdygoszcz!

Rico & Henry - get those shots ready for the Saturday night ;-)

It'll be good to see you back again B52. I trust that you have made more sensible travelling arrangements this time?

The Edinburgh contingent is starting to look quite strong for this year's most important GP. ;) Who are the others that you are bringing with you?

I'm sure the newcomers won't be disappointed with what is on offer during SGP weekend in Bydgoszcz....

As for the shots...won't you be buying them again after another big win? Get your money on PePe this year, though, rather than Tomek :lol:

Who are the others that you are bringing with you?

The Cycle Speedway World Number 10 from Edinburgh Mr N and 2 lady friends who might have visited the Nou Camp of the North before heading to Poland!

As for the Pepe tip, I can't jump ship! I did have a wee saver on Pepe last year though and ur advice will do so again!

ps: much better arrangements this time!