British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gary pops

Bydgoszcz Tickets

Thinking about the Gdansk route myself. How much roughly from Gdansk to Bydgoszcz by train and by taxi bearing in mind there will be three of us?

We are trying Stansted to Bydgoszcz this year, Friday to Sunday. Bit annoyed about the time changes but the flights were cheap so are sticking with them. Have not received any notification from Ryanair though.

We flew Wizzair from Luton to Gdansk last year and took the train down. There are plenty of trains and the website is good. We took the bus from the airport to the railway station, along with a Polish rider who had been injured riding for Oxford and was going home. His partner spoke to the driver and we did not have to pay but it took a long time. Used a taxi going back and it was cheap - much better. The railfare was about £6 but it was very busy as it was the end of the Polish holidays - if it is busy it is worth paying an extra £1/£2 for first class. Bought tickets at the station. No problems and really enjoyed it. Understand Gdansk is a nice place if you have some time to spare. Also no problem getting an early train back (Kevin).

Thanks for the info, Mojo. Been to Gdansk last year with Travel Plus, very nice. Had a really nice meal by the river, must have been the most expensive meal in Poland. Sailed out of Gdansk to Sweden.

Flights booked, just waiting for hotel confirmation now.

Edited by Joanne

I wish Ryanair would make their minds up with the flight times.. I wanna know where i'll be drinking on my brithday!! :D

Mr Davis,

Just think "it'll be out of a glass or a bottle". It doesn't matter which country you will be in for the majority of the day, I am sure you will have a ball. There is a well stocked bar at Stansted airport that I have spent many an hour pre-flight in.

Regardless of arrival time in Bydgoszcz you will be taken out on the town on the Thursday night and at the end of proceedings left naked tied to the statue on the main square for the pigeons to feed on in the morning. I hope the pigeons aren't TOO hungry :lol:

Rico :rolleyes:

Edited by Rico

Never mind the statue in the square, Rico. What about the statue hanging over the river (I think its a girl)?

Regardless of arrival time in Bydgoszcz you will be taken out on the town on the Thursday night and at the end of proceedings left naked tied to the statue on the main square for the pigeons to feed on in the morning. I hope the pigeons aren't TOO hungry  :lol:

Rico  :rolleyes:

Brilliant - I've got the room to myself on the Thursday night then :D

i've decided to goto Bydgoszcz this year for the first time, with all the hassle with the flights changing have decided to fly to Gadnsk on fri with ryan air and come back monday. Got my hotel in Bydgoszcz sorted (prob be a shocker miles away when i get there) for the sat and sun, am gonna stay in Gdansk on the fri just wondered if anyone has stayed there in previous years and could reccommend a decent,reasonably priced hotel??

i've decided to goto Bydgoszcz this year for the first time, with all the hassle with the flights changing have decided to fly to Gadnsk on fri with ryan air and come back monday. Got my hotel in Bydgoszcz sorted (prob be a shocker miles away when i get there) for the sat and sun, am gonna stay in Gdansk on the fri just wondered if anyone has stayed there in previous years and could reccommend a decent,reasonably priced hotel??

I can recommend one NOT to stay in ; The Novotel, Sopot. Total crap.

Only stayed in Gdansk once and we were based in the Holiday Inn, right opposite the main station. Wasn't particulalry cheap though, but depends on your idea of 'reasonably priced'.

Rico :rolleyes:

Another 3 to add to the trip.

1. Joanne

2. Joanne's Daughter

3. Kevin Hammond

Staying in the Brda. No excuse for me to miss the forum meet now. :rolleyes:

So who from the forum is actually going.. I'll edit this post as the list grows..

Me

Chivs

Pammie

London Witch

WvsH

Addy

Midnight Lady

Nikkif

Fairy4ever

Rico

HenryW

TheDoctor