British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gary pops

Bydgoszcz Tickets

Yeah have booked it, as long as its not a dump then thats fine. Apprently its in the centre so it will do.

"Basic" is probably the best word to describe it.

Location is quite good, very close to the town square, but I would second Rico's recommendation to check for availability at the City and Pod Orlem much closer to the date of the meeting.

Will do us fine then, as long as it's clean we are only going for one night and only need somewhere to put our head down for a few hours.

Lawrence )don’t want to be on the list!!!

Excuse me?? Should I know something about it??

Excuse me?? Should I know something about it??

Don`t count me and Mateusz - we are almost local fans, so we`ll be there for sure there :D

Czesc Lawrence,

Me thinks your previous comment is being brought up.

Rico :rolleyes:

Unlike last time, this year there's gonna be an amazing crowd :D and I'm wondering how we all can fit in the bar area of Brda hotel :rolleyes:

Thank you Rico. :D

So for peace and harmony -

63 / 66

Edited by fairy4ever

UPDATED LIST - (A - Z)

Addy

B52 + 3 = 4

Baga

Chivs

Creetingblue

Fairy4ever

Gary Pops

Hannibal +2 = 3

HenryW

Joanne / Joanne's daughter 

Kev Hammond

London Witch

Matt Davis

Midnight Lady

Mojo

Nikkif

Pammie

Papa Bazarou/Ballinger & Co = 15

Paul w

Pugwash and Mrs Pugwash = 2

Rema & Ben = 2

Rico

Rob B + 5 = 6

Smitty

sjw + 1 =2

TheCedarMan + 3 = 4

TheDoctor

TheStartTart

whowasthatberntpersson + youngster = 2

WvsH

62 so far

(Tone Deaf + 2 = 3) possibly not attending

Mateusz )

Lawrence )don’t want to be on the list!!!

Tommy  )

Please note Mojo + 1

Edited by mojo

Time to resurrect this thread with

FLIGHT TIMES CHANGED!!!!!!

received notification today our flight times are now:

Out - Thursday 21st September 1140 arrive Big 1445

Return Monday 25th 2100 arrive GB 2210

(Previous times -

1835 - 2140 out

2205 - 2315 back)

No problem for us but for our international friends beyond Carlisle there may be a problem!!! :unsure:

Why on Earth do they do this !!!

Time to resurrect this thread with

FLIGHT TIMES CHANGED!!!!!!

received notification today our flight times are now:

Out - Thursday 21st September 1140 arrive Big 1445

Return Monday 25th 2100 arrive GB 2210

(Previous times -

1835 - 2140 out

2205 - 2315 back)

No problem for us but for our international friends beyond Carlisle there may be a problem!!!  :unsure:

I got an email off Ryanair also, our changes are;

GOING OUT

From London Stansted(STN) to Bydgoszcz(BZG) Thu, 21/09/2006 Flight 2462 Depart STN at 1140 and arrive BZG at 1445

COMING BACK

From Bydgoszcz(BZG) to London Stansted(STN) Thu, 28/09/2006 Flight 2463 Depart BZG at 1510 and arrive STN at 1620

Changes going out are good because we still have a chance to see Polish Junior meeting on the Thursday night (Can any Polish listees confirm this meeting?) also Polish Playoffs and possible meetings on Sunday and Monday?)

Coming back not so good, was hoping to get to Swindon or Oxford for a meeting on Thursday 28th (Anyone got a rough estimate how long it will take to get from Gatwick to either Oxford or Swindon?)

(Anyone got a rough estimate  how long it will take to get from Gatwick to either Oxford or Swindon?)

Assuming you are driving - Gatwick to Oxford can be done comfortably in 90 minutes (M25 willing) - but remember they ride on Wednesdays now. :wink:

Edited by Kevin Hammond

whowasthatberntpersson

Don't you mean travelling from Stansted as opposed to Gatwick ?

If so, I'd suggest Oxford is achieveable in 2 hours at that time of day, with Swindon perhaps 2.25. I picked up some friends from Stansted recently around 5pm and had a bit of a nightmare coming through the roadworks at the tunnel and it took me around 3 hours to get back to Reading, but that was including a pick up at Heathrow.

I'm impressed at your appetite for speedway !

Rico :rolleyes:

whowasthatberntpersson

Don't you mean travelling from Stansted as opposed to Gatwick ?

If so, I'd suggest Oxford is achieveable in 2 hours at that time of day, with Swindon perhaps 2.25. I picked up some friends from Stansted recently around 5pm and had a bit of a nightmare coming through the roadworks at the tunnel and it took me around 3 hours to get back to Reading, but that was including a pick up at Heathrow.

I'm impressed at your appetite for speedway !

Rico  :rolleyes:

Thanks Rico.

Sorry, I meant Stansted.

Arrival time is 1620 at Stansted, I have to pick up a hire car first so I guess if the flight is on time and all goes well I'll be on my way by 1700 ish.

So two and a half hours to get to Swindon........its going to be close.

As for my appetite for speedway, its a trip of a lifetime for me and my Son so got to get as much in as possible, hope to do Somerset the following night too.

As a regular user of the M25, I would say that Stansted to Swindon during rush hour is not a good idea in such a short time. It is do-able, but traffic on thethe M25 is never the same two days running. At the moment there are long term traffic works at the Holmesdale tunnel which is between junctions 26 and 27, which is at the very start of your journey. If you got through them ok and there was no more trouble on the 25 and you had a clear journey down the M4, you could just about make it at a push.

Personally though, I'd say Peterborough is your best bet, if they are riding that night. Straight up the M11 towards Cambridge, A14 and A1, literally one straight road all the way there. Expect a bit of traffic where the M11 meets the A14, but apart from that hopefully you'll be fine. With no traffic, it'll take just over the hour. :)

Edited by London Witch

As a regular user of the M25, I would say that Stansted to Swindon during rush hour is  not a good idea in such a short time. It is do-able, but traffic on thethe M25 is never the same two days running. At the moment there are long term traffic works at the Holmesdale tunnel which is between junctions 26 and 27, which is at the very start of your journey. If you got through them ok and there was no more trouble on the 25 and you had a clear journey down the M4, you could just about make it at a push.

Personally though, I'd say Peterborough is your best bet, if they are riding that night. Straight up the M11 towards Cambridge, A14 and A1, literally one straight road all the way there. Expect a bit of traffic where the M11 meets the A14, but apart from that  hopefully you'll be fine. With no traffic, it'll take just over the hour.  :)

Thanks LW,

On that advice I will head to Peterborough instead of Swindon.