British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gary pops

Bydgoszcz Tickets

Have had a total nightmare on the phone to Ryan Air! We are booked on the sat flights! And they say they have not confirmed the time and it we subject to change yet again!! Any suggestions?

Wording from Ryanair web site

Flight cancellations and schedule changes

If your flight is cancelled or before the date of travel, is rescheduled so as to depart more than three hours before or after the original departure time then you will be entitled to a travel credit or full refund of all monies paid if the alternative flight/s offered are not suitable to you and you do not travel.

Not much consolation to the likes of yourself or anyone who has arranged a flight connection based on the flight time originally stated (no chance of getting a connecting flight at 2315 on the return leg). I had this problem with Ryanair coming back from Berlin (on a Bydgoszcz trip once) where they moved the flight back about 5 hours. I ended up just taking an alternate carrier, but at least it was from the original airport. I'm sure last year they kept tinkering with the departure time on the Wroclaw flight but it didn't move by more than 30 minutes or so, which most folks can deal with.

My suggestion to you would be to take the refund and use Wizzair, fly to Gdansk from Luton and get the train down from Gdasnk to Bydgoszcz. You could of course use your travel credit to fly with Ryanair to Gdansk as well.

Rico :rolleyes:

Is all a bit of a pain really. The orignal saturday flight was due to arrive in bydgoszcz around 2ish and now its arriving at 11pm!! (but might change again).

Any of you guys booked on Ryan air should check their flight times!

You have my utmost sympathy believe me. It's causing me a bit of a minor pain, but we are going out Thurs - Mon, so arriving later on the Thursday isn't that big a concern, the arrival back in Stansted at 2315 pretty much removes the thought of getting public transport home though. HenryW is looking at having to fork out for a night in a hotel at Stansted as well as fees for changing both his connecting flights back to Edinburgh.

Ryanair do contact the booker of flights by e-mail with details of the revised times. It looks like they have shifted the flight permanently to it's new slot with the start of their summer timetable on 26th March 2006.

Ryanair do contact the booker of flights by e-mail with details of the revised times. It looks like they have shifted the flight permanently to it's new slot with the start of their summer timetable on 26th March 2006.

Rico  :rolleyes:

yeah i asked them about that - but the manager (got annoyed so asked to speak to a manager) said that the time will be changed again and she cant tell me what time we will get there!! So you might not get back as late as you thought!

but we cant really take a risk of arriving there later than the GP start so have now booked onto Fridays flight at an extra cost!!

Oh!! Just remembered I better email the hotel!! Hope they can fit us in for an extra night

:mad: ggrrr!!

After looking at the various options available I think the Chivsy Travel Party will remain on the Thursday flight.

The biggest problem we have is that I believe we have a couple of connecting flights booked - and when I said to Ryanair that I want compensation for those the lady gave me an address to write to

Customer Standards

Ryanair Head Office

Dublin Airport

Dublin

Ireland

I will certainly be writing off to them to complain - they have nearly fully booked the flight - so what do they do - just change the schedule - Customer Service my arse!

Oh well - we'll just have to make up for the time in Stansted Airport - where there will be Matt Davis birthday drinks if anyone is interested :D

Personally I'll be on the 0745 Wizzair from Luton on the Friday and back on the 11:15 on Monday, therefore a chance to see league action on the Sunday (is it play-off weekend Mateusz ?)

It is play-off finals weekend! :)

What time are the pubs/clubs open in Bydgoszcz ;)

What time are the pubs/clubs open in Bydgoszcz ;)

Until well after your bedtime Mr Davis :P

Don't worry we'll find you somewhere to drink upon arrival.

blast, blast and blast :mad:

I was so close to getting a warning then!!!!!! :mad:

blast, blast and blast  :mad:

I was so close to getting a warning then!!!!!!  :mad:

I've spoken to your daughter and given her the chivsy advice :P

dont panic Mrs F!!

yeah i asked them about that - but the manager (got annoyed so asked to speak to a manager) said that the time will be changed again and she cant tell me what time we will get there!! So you might not get back as late as you thought!

Although I wasnt given the same information when I called - this at least gives us some hope that the flights might go and come back and better times than what theyve now planned.

Here's hoping

Cos I don't want Matt moaning all the way there!!

I've spoken to your daughter and given her the chivsy advice  :P

dont panic Mrs F!!

Not as simple as that Mr Smooth Talker! :wink:

One option is to return on the Sunday evening but as we bought Monday tickets at £29 and the Sunday tickets are currently £159 I dont think thats an option!!!! :mad:

Needs further looking at and as said above - its ages till September - how many more changes will there be before then? :unsure:

looks like i did the best thing by not booking byds flights yest, cant believe they can change them just like that. this is a nightmare trying to sort this trip out :mad: , its my first year going to foreign GPs, prague is sorted but this ones a pain. prob gonna do the train from gdansk, doesnt sound too bad from what i have read on here.

Anyone received anything from RyanAir about this.

No e mail in my post box! :mad:

We know because of the forum but there are loads out there that (sadly for them) dont come on here.

Probably a few riders screwed as well! :unsure: