British Speedway Forum
tarabanko

"the Truth Behind The Gosford Fiasco"

Wow. When I started reading this it was in the Elite League section and by the time I'd finished it was in the International World of Speedway section.

All sounds rather inelegant.

When that GP was called off one veteran (?Who??) said that it looked fine and he had ridden worse happily.

Have you ever try to ride a speedway bike :P

Roosty Dude,

How many times do I have to tell ya, dont beat around the bush, and tell it like it is ! :blink:

Top post mate, as I couldnt understand where Berthoven was coming from either...

After all the rumours I had heard on the lists, its nice to finally see the story out in the open mate.....

Oh, by the way, your latest vid clips are OK, I spose.....Nah mate, seriously, they are top shelf as usual :D

Edited by jeffster

No he did not, he was trying to get the sawdust off the track, a thing that blighted Eastbournes home form for the next month or so untill it was relayed before the Swindon match on july 30th.

I have to back MD up on this one. I was there that night, and didnt blame the riders for not wanting to ride. They gave it a go, and you could tell from that one heat that the track wasnt up to it.

Quality postings on this thread. Just a shame the implications are so serious.

As for the usual suspects involved in the whinging..when I saw the names - no surprises. :unsure:

Edited by rabbit

Fair play to Mick Poole & Rod C - this fiasco could have major affects on the future of Gosford speedway and if thats the case, the riders (if you can call them that) who instigated this should be named & shamed.

Seems it wasn't a majority decision by the riders not to ride, but a few whingers who had their own agendas! :mad:

Hopefully Schelin will continue the way he's started his career and disappear up his own ass before too long.

Very enlightening article and some good postings on this thread. Managers/track staff / organisers should speak out more like this in future.

What ever happened to the attitude, "no brakes...no fear"

...and Cov can keep Schlien :P

And the whole "how many of you ride speedway bikes? " line must DIE! 

I don't have to work in Burger King to know when my Whopper is rubbishe.

:D

This is one area where you and I constantly agree ST!

It's about time that in a situation where the MAJORITY of riders whant t o ride, then the meeting goes ahead! Those riders who are unwilling to ride should be fined heavily and given a yellow card. If it happens again, the the rider should be banned for 28 days. Hit them where it hurts - the pocket - that'll stop them maoning at the slightest bit of dirt!!!!! :angry:

Oh and I'm sure we'll have the Coventry Fairies on in a while telling us all how Rory is a lovely lad and he's been injured and he wouldn't have been the ringleader and yadda yadda yadda.......... :rolleyes::P

Edited by lupus

Careful they might sprinkle dust over you...

P.S and i agree with Lupus

Edited by Jason.C

Oh and I'm sure we'll have the Coventry Fairies on in a while telling us all how Rory is a lovely lad and he's been injured and he wouldn't have been the ringleader and yadda yadda yadda.......... :rolleyes:  :P

It wasn't his mouth that was injured though was it? :rolleyes:

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I'm going to be the odd one out !!

I don't like the personal nature of the attacks. I have no problem with naming the riders but I believe there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. If we condone the personal nature of the attacks then if it is taken to the next level it could mean riders friends / families / associates "spilling the beans" on managers / promoters etc and then all hell would let loose.

As for Rod Colquhoun using swear words I think that is well out of order

On this forum we preach "attack the post, not the poster", perhaps they should do the same ?

It does seem a bit OTT to me too. At the end of the day, these guys ARE the ones taking the risks so should have a choice as to if they ride or not. Why not start the meeting, let them sit out the meeting and when the meeting goes ahead just fine they'll look silly, however, if the meeting is a farce with falls left, right and centre then the rider sitting in the pits are sit back and smile and feel there decision is justified.