"the Truth Behind The Gosford Fiasco"

a small, wet, muddy and

heavy track (Rory's favourites) and where he has had most of his successes

having ridden in Scotland most of his British career

^

|

on a slick track though.

what a load of tosh, go RC. B)

Interesting readingHenry but I'm sure, as always, the truth of the matter lies somewhere in between the two versions!

Couldn't agree more hon!

I've only just caught up on this thread after the best beloved described it to me. Firstly I thought it was a joke, then I thought "well, at least Leigh was willing to give it a go" and now I'm all confused.

I suppose the only people who can give the definitive answer on what happened, to whom, and why, are the people involved. As they all see things from different points of view, we'll probably never really know exactly what went on.

I have to say there is a part of me that rubbed my hands in salacious glee at reading some hot and juicy goss to warm up my evening in the middle of winter, but there is also another part of me that felt it was unfair to name and shame when the riders involved cannot defend themselves - this is the bit that feels dead guilty now. Loved the comment from Rory's Ma about toilet paper though!

Anyway - I'm gonna lie down until all the fuss has subsided and it's closer to spring....

Can't really comment on the rights and wrongs of this case but when Davey Watt is amongst the desenters you do get a bit of a bias.

I remember the days when he rode for us in 2002 and he would say before the meeting the track is s**t and he would not be performing. Exeter and Stoke come to mind. :(

:blink::blink:

Interesting readingHenry but I'm sure, as always, the truth of the matter lies somewhere in between the two versions!

I think that you are probably spot on with that statement...but so far this forum has only had one side, so it seemed worthwhile providing the other side so that people could decide where the middle ground was ;)

As for Ironside's comments....not sure what track you were watching Roo race on when he was with the Monarchs, but I didn't think it was slick!!!

I think it was mentioned before, do you seriously think that Adams and Wiltshire would have been so swayed by some other riders......

OK this is my personal opinion, you dont have to agree!

all i've seen in the past 5 or so years are riders who seem to think because they have been signed to a british league, the british league (and everyone else) OWE THEM! and seemed to have forgotten the dirt they came from.

There is no thanks for the opportunity given to them and this is where the "prima donna" thing is coming from. It would be nice to see a young rider be "thankfull" to be given an offer of a lifetime to ride in europe, and come home to remember the hours people have spent to help them be the best they can.

I hope all sides of the story come out, will be an interesting read and will also help this NOT happening again.

As for track conditions, i've watched little ones (8 year old's) ride through a puddle they could of drowned in and love every bit of it, the throttle goes both ways, the different track conditions give you more experience and THAT is where the champions come from!

My 2 cents

Ozgal, I know you havent mentioned any name here and that is good of you.

But what I will say about Rory Schlein is that after Rory's injury the Doc gave him the all clear to ride from a particular date.

He was devestated at first when he thought he would miss the Aussie series and then also when the Doc bought the date forward he was very worried that he wouldnt get a registration in on time.

From a British perspective Rory goes on and on about his Aussie racing, he certainly hasnt forgotten the dirt he's came from.

I cant speak for other riders as I dont know them, but I am absolutely certain that Rory knows his roots :)

Edited by fairy4ever

What I find surprising here is that no one has questioned why the track was not up to scratch.If Len Silver,Bob Dugard, Huggy and Colin Meredith etc were given almost a day to repair/rescue a track no matter how badly effected by rain I am sure they would have managed easily.At K.L. I've seen them scrape off the top soaked layer of dirt,remove it from the track and then replace it all with dry material and re prepare a track on which good racing with respectable times has been possible.All that was achieved in 2 hours not 20 so did they not have the correct machinery/materials to do the job at Gosford? If the answer is no then why were they given such an important meeting?

By the look of the pic in the Speedway Star Terry Poole has a motorway blade just like King's Lynn have, perhaps he did not have a digger and dump trucks to remove the shale from the track??

Not many tracks/promoters do, King's Lynn only have them cos they have to do this operation many times during the season to accommodate bikes and stock cars.

In Terry's defence, I doubt he ever imagined he'd have to be taking "wet shale" off an "aussie track" ............. when was the last time that happened ......... ever????