British Speedway Forum

Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else, but couldn't find anything.

Could anyone out there please confirm whether the rule was bought in that u15's cannot ride 500cc.

I really do hope not as have just spent a mint on a new 500cc and Jamie is not 15 until November!!!

If this is not the case please can someone help me with where to apply for licences and how much they cost. Know he has to be signed as competant (sp) by two instructors, hopefully can get that done as and when we can get to some training schools!!!

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Novice rider's Mum

Jacqui

Edited by sCATygirl!

Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else, but couldn't find anything.

Could anyone out there please confirm whether the rule was bought in that u15's cannot ride 500cc.

I really do hope not as have just spent a mint on a new 500cc and Jamie is not 15 until November!!!

If this is not the case please can someone help me with where to apply for licences and how much they cost. Know he has to be signed as competant (sp) by two instructors, hopefully can get that done as and when we can get to some training schools!!!

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Novice rider's Mum

Jacqui

Sorry Jacqui, the answer is yes!! This rule has been brought in, many other angry parents at Sittingbourne last week also!

Edited by Marky_Mark

Sorry Jacqui, the answer is yes!! This rule has been brought in, many other angry parents at Sittingbourne last week also!

If they have there liscence they can ride, but the way I read it no more liscences are being handed out.

:angry: So what is Jamie supposed to do? I certainly cannot afford another bike. The only reason we bought a 500 was because we were told by a training officer that he was confident on a 500 after seeing him ride one.

This is a bloody disgrace. Thought the idea was to encourage the youngsters not put them off speedway. I now have a very upset teenager and I am a very very angry mother. Will think about selling the bike and buy him either a mx or grasstrack. Will also think about whether I will actually bother going to any more meetings, don't know if I want to support an organisation that dumps on the youngsters in such a digusting way.

I can understand about the need for safety and the younger ones maybe not being able to control a 500cc but where would riders like Lewis Bridger, George Piper, Brendan Johnson etc be if this was bought in before.

Maybe someone from the BSPA would like to tell me what to do now or do they not give a damn, I shan't hold my breath whilst waiting for a reply!!!!

Can he still ride at training schools on the 500cc on a day licence?

my son has a 500 but only ridden it 3 times last year he has not done any gateing .but he got his acu licence this year but not his SCB ONE, how do i stand ,or how much is a 250cc engine ,and are the frames the same etc

From what i know i think the 250cc engine is a 500 just witha few mods inside the engine so you should use a 500cc frame but if you re kid is small you can cut your frame down.

Also one more thing ok all the mums and dads out there are going to mega pissed off i know one uder 15 has just got 3 bikes built up. but you should look at it that you kid will be a much better rider if they race the 250cc befor the 500cc becouse they will learn how to ride the bike fast not how hold on while the bike rides u fast.

Also one more thing ok all the mums and dads out there are going to mega pissed off i know one uder 15 has just got 3 bikes built up. but you should look at it that you kid will be a much better rider if they race the 250cc befor the 500cc becouse they will learn how to ride the bike fast not how hold on while the bike rides u fast.

I'll second that....

Regards.

sorry ben no 250 ok on small track but if you ride at kingslynn on one engine will die half way round the bend and in the fence they go,let them use 500 and goven the carbs down,cheaper and safer,and run them on petrol

what a 250 would be fine around kings lynn just have to set them up diffrent and govin the carbs lol as iff that would work when every one runs standed carbs anyway,.

if the bike dies half way round the conner then its not beeing riden probley and then once againe would make the rider learn

you can not mod a 500 engine to a 250 cost more than a new one to do ,already ask bellams, had a honda 250 round lynn crap ,get a carb which is sealed, and 24mm,not a 38mm like yours ben or did you say 40mm lol

ive just read all through about whts going on i thin it would be a gd idea in a way beacuse there would be less accedents (was a few last year) but then agin its up to the rider to controll the bike and what standerd they are at but some of them are only beginners and cam not handle the bikes cus they are leight and also the person who is riding the bike are light and will pick up easy on a 500 (as i found out a few times) and most of the tracks are getting tricky and grippy at the moment as i said it is up to the rider to ride the bike instead of the bike controlling you?

but the youngsters do need to be encoraged young but you cld start on a 250 or even a 350 if they still do them and work your way up like tht ?

tim

Edited by tim webster