British Speedway Forum

Scatygirl - you need to apply to the Speedway Control Bureau, ACU House, Wood Street, Rugby, CV21 2YX.

The new regulations do state that you can have a 500 licence at 14 but you must complete a competency test or an assessment course if you haven't already done one.

As I understand it if you are already licensed for a 500 then you will continue to be so regardless of age.

Thanks Jayne.

How on earth do you complete a competency test or assessment course if you cannot ride a 500cc without a licence!!! Bit of a farce. Still I will write and maybe they can give me some advice.

Guest Christophers Dad
Thanks Jayne.

How on earth do you complete a competency test or assessment course if you cannot ride a 500cc without a licence!!! Bit of a farce. Still I will write and maybe they can give me some advice.

This seems so difficult how do other people manage this seemingly impossible task ;););)

I would expect that you would need to pass the course/test before a licence will be issued. Scatygirl if you want to ring them the number is 01788 565603.

This seems so difficult how do other people manage this seemingly impossible task  ;)  ;)  ;)

Has anyone since the new rule was bought in?

Unfortunately up till now have only been a supporter, but am now having to learn things from the riders point of view. Lots of rules and regulations that most supporters are not even aware of, then just when you think you have learnt one they shift the goalposts!!! :rolleyes:

Bad enough understanding them as an adult (no comments thank you :wink: ) the poor kids must be really confused.

Hi everyone sorry not been about much been busy on the farm plus had trouble with computer am in poole library at the mo :rolleyes:

I know it all seems a bit frustrating but I think in time it will work well and we are now leading in speedway with something and the rest of the speedway world is watching with Intrest.

George and other riders will be demonstrating the 250 bikes for the Swedish and Dainish speedway authorities this month. We could see a Championship in Europe this season with a world championship in the near future.

We are always complaining how we are behind with Peter and the Junior lads we are setting the pace and giving the youngsters quality track time and excellent oppertunities and something to aim for before they step onto a 500.

I must say that I am looking forward to seeing how this develops and have enjoyed beeing involved with it from the start

I have changed my tel number and any one wanting to contact me can now do so on 07933506027 will get it put on Georges site

Take care

Steve :)

Has anyone since the new rule was bought in? 

Unfortunately up till now have only been a supporter, but am now having to learn things from the riders point of view. Lots of rules and regulations that most supporters are not even aware of, then just when you think you have learnt one they shift the goalposts!!! :rolleyes: 

Bad enough understanding them as an adult (no comments thank you :wink: ) the poor kids must be really confused.

is that your bike on ebay

No not ours!

Holding onto it for now as it is quite special because of who we got it off. If it has to stay under wraps for 12 months then so be it. :(

good hope hes not to down my son and i are a bit as last year he rode it and it will have to stay under wraps till next year as £1.650+carb and down pipe is just to much.does anyone know if it as got to be a jawa or is it any 250cc engine as a yamaha do a 250 and is a lot faster and will last longer,so i have been told

good hope hes not to down my son and i are a bit as last year he rode it and it will have to stay under wraps till next year as £1.650+carb and down pipe is just to much.does anyone know if it as got to be a jawa or is it any 250cc engine as a yamaha do a 250 and is a lot faster and will last longer,so i have been told

LOOK HERE

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=24643

My understanding is :

At Saturdays SCB seminar, Graham Reeve confirmed that for practice & training any single cylinder four stroke 250 can be used.

However for the proposed SCB/BSPA approved events / championship they will only allow a homologated 250 JAWA - which is still awaiting agreement on cam spec etc which means that the current spec 250 JAWA available will not meet the homologation standard ?? !!

My understanding is :

At Saturdays SCB seminar, Graham Reeve confirmed that for practice & training any single cylinder four stroke 250 can be used.

However for the proposed SCB/BSPA approved events / championship they will only allow a  homologated 250 JAWA - which is still awaiting agreement on  cam spec etc which means that the  current spec  250 JAWA available will not meet the homologation standard ?? !!

Can you see the Elite, Premier and Conference riders agreeing if the SCB suddenly turned round and said 'Sorry you can only use Jawas from now on, starting in two weeks time. Oh and because some of you keep crashing we are now going to restrict you to a 350cc as you obviously cannot handle a 500cc!!!!'? Me thinks not!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by sCATygirl!

I have ridden most of the Motocross 250 four strokes and can't imagine any of them having enough flywheel weight for Speedway. I can imagine they are fine for Grass Track but they are pretty peaky and the fact that they race against 125cc 2 strokes gives some idea of the type of power they produce.

I would assume that the use of a homologated engine in competition is to try and create a level playing field for all riders and can see how that would be a good thing. Seems like a good idea but all put into action in too much of a rush.

The SCB handbook states the following (good news for Scatygirl I think)

New Youth applications must be supported by an endorsement from an SCB Training Instructor while applications to upgrade must be made by a Parent/Guardian endorsed by an SCB Training Instructor and the GB U-21 Manager. No Youth will be registered to ride a 500cc until they are 14 years of age and successfully undertaken a formal competency test.

got mine coming at the end of april from bellams hurry not many coming on 1st delivery. must use jawa carb that comes with engine ,dam already got a blix for it