British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Puma23

Canadian,african,austrian Riders In British League

We now have two new Austrian additions in Daniel Gappmaier and Fritz wallner,who will be making another appearance this season after their start in the PL last year.

since I am in Canada, think I'm well aware of our site!

Thanks

I was only trying to help. I do apologise. How could I know you were in Canada and had access to the group.It seems I just cannot do anything right on the BSF!

I was only trying to help. I do apologise. How could I know you were in Canada and had access to the group.It seems I just cannot do anything right on the BSF!

Sorry gustix, didn't mean it to sound like I wrote it......

Might be wrong but I think Canadian Rob Fisher had a very short career in the UK with Coventry.

gustix, on 07 Jan 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:snapback.png

This may help you in regard to information about Canadian speedway riders.

http://www.canadians...com/history.htm

since I am in Canada, think I'm well aware of our site!

Thanks

Not to worry andout. I think that I now know who your are - an old contact who I have not been in contact with for several years? My response was also more terse than it need have been but BSFwise it has not been a good day for me.

Let's hope that Canadian speedway takes an upturn this summer. I have lost touch with happenings there over the past few years - and of course no longer get those phone calls from dear old Mike Tams. On that theme, is Jeff Crawford still around? Again, I lost contact with him a few years ago.

Take care.

Edited by Guest

In the late 1940s-early 1950s, attempts were made to popularise speedway in Kenya. Among the riders who gained some recognition was Joe Naidoo, a Nepalese (gurkha) worker living in the country.

I no longer have any records but if memory serves me correctly Naidoo was brought to Scotland in early 1950s by then promoter Ian Hoskins for trials at White City (Glasgow).

Does any other BSF member recollect if this did in fact happen?

Edited by Guest

In the late 1940s-early 1950s, attempts were made to popularise speedway in Kenya. Among the riders who gained some recognition was Joe Naidoo, a Nepalese (gurkha) worker living in the country.

I no longer have any records but if memory serves me correctly Naidoo was brought to Scotland in early 1950s by then promoter Ian Hoskins for trials at White City (Glasgow).

Does any other BSF member recollect if this did in fact happen?

Maybe he did,but Hoskins only mentions an Egyptian fakir in his book

Maybe he did,but Hoskins only mentions an Egyptian fakir in his book

Mention anything/anyone exotic alongside the name Hoskins and you have to take it all with a pinch of salt !

• Like 1