British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bees4ever

The Gledhill Family

Guest Bees4ever

I wondered if anyone could give me some info.

Young Jack Gledhill is a 16 year old Brandon Second-halfer, I hear that his Dad and Grandad both rode, Were they any good? Who did they ride for? So on and so forth, being still newish to Speedway any info would be helpfull.

Thanks

Don't know about his grandad but his Dad Ian rode. Most succesfully at Mildenhall where he was National League Riders Champ one year i think.

Ian rode for Cradley for a short while,generally was lucky to score a point.

Ian started as a junior at Reading in 1975. He was Racers number 8 riding 39 matches between 1976 & 1981. He rode mainly in the National League - he was at his best when riding for Stoke (77-79).

His 1979 NLRC victory was a huge shock as his average was too low to qualify him, and he only got to ride when promoted from reserve because someone else pulled out.

After Mildenhall he moved to Oxford in '82 his average plummeted, and he retired.

I know nothing about another generation riding. Probably Jack's maternal grandfather. so who would that be then?

Guest Bees4ever

Thanks for the info people,

I will let you know what I can find out about the Grandfather, I will get my contacts to ask about.

Don't know about his grandad but his Dad Ian rode. Most succesfully at Mildenhall where he was National League Riders Champ one year i think.

Thought I recognised the name but just couldn't put a place to it. Barney will be back in a couple of weeks think maybe he raced against him back then, as he didn't retire until 1985