British Speedway Forum
Puma23

Kangaroos In Speedway League In Britian

Just come across another... Allan Wall rode for Poole in 1950.

Steve

I know we had a few arguments about Bill Landels, but now we have definite facts and dates, I PROMISE I WON'T MENTION HIM AGAIN!!!

Bill Landels did ride in Australia after emigrating here. He suffered horrific ankle injuries in a fall at Liverpool Speedway in New South Wales in 1968 when his foot was caught in his bike's rear wheel. A huge gash in his heel resulted in extensive tendon and ligament damage.

Bill Landels did ride in Australia after emigrating here.

G/Day Ross.........Go Big Billy B)

One of my Liverpool favourites......with his charges around the boads . :lol:

As he is an Aussie and he did ride in the UK .......... I put his name up. ;)

Regards.

Cliff Newton Poole 1958 - is he listed?

Will there be eventual updates on all this information?

PS: Still a mystery - where did Bill Harris race before coming to UK in 1947 and where did he go after 1953?

I have had list of australian riders who propably have never rode in Britian (leagues). However this list maybe remind you some of riders who rode in Britian.

Brent Collyer - Arena Essex?

Tim Hunter - Definitely rode for Hackney

Brent Collyer also rode for Eastbourne in the Elite League. He was another who had far more than his fair share of injuries. A crash at Arena Essex ended his career. He and his dad were at a meeting on Queensland's Gold Coast a few months back.

One of the greatest thrills of my life was watching Brent win the Queensland Championship.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned Peter Christopher. He was at Canterbury around 1980. Looked good until he broke his thigh and I don't think we ever saw him again after that.

Edited by duncrusadin

Don't know if anyone's mentioned Peter Christopher. He was at Canterbury around 1980. Looked good until he broke his thigh and I don't think we never saw him again after that.

Yep, but I don't believe anybody's mentioned Colin Rogerson, who appeared for Teesside in 1973.

Steve

Don't know if anyone's mentioned Peter Christopher. He was at Canterbury around 1980. Looked good until he broke his thigh and I don't think we ever saw him again after that.

Its a small world isn't it, Peter Christopher or "Grub "as he is effectionately known recently helped prepare an engine for my son who rides junior speedway in Australia.

He works for Rising Sun Honda in Townsville and his Son is half of the 2005 Australian Sidecar Championship winning Koppe/Christopher team.

Good to know he's still involved in the sport. I had him marked down as "the next Steve Koppe" until his accident.

Without having the time to read all 23 pages - I have read around 15 pages I think - and not seen one mention of Nathan Simpson...

So

Nathan Simpson

:)

Without having the time to read all 23 pages - I have read around 15 pages I think - and not seen one mention of Nathan Simpson...

So

Nathan Simpson

:)

From what I recall, Nathan wasn't actually classed as an Australian; something to do with his family or something, which allowed him to be classed as English. That's how he managed to ride in that junior championship up at Milton Keynes, I believe.

Steve

Nathan is now one of the top drivers in the V6 Sprints class (cars) at Murray Bridge in South Australia