British Speedway Forum
REBELS77

Gordon Kennett

Can We please have an interveiw with Gordon Kennett,be nice to hear what he remembers about his days at White City and his days leading the Eastbourne Eagles,also what does he remember about Wembley 78.

He was my first speedway hero ....

I can remember my father taking me to White City and Kennett was riding when I was 8/9 Sure he had the back wheel filled in with a Union Jack ...

All I can remember it was the meeting when Dave Jessup was leading Ivan Mauger in one heat and Ivan clipped his back wheel ... looked like Jessup went 30ft in the air to my eyes

Yes Gordon was my hero too ! I took my young boys to Arlington when he was riding in the late 80's for the Eagles in the National League. My eldest son had a pair of his old leathers.

Yes Gordon was my hero too ! I took my young boys to Arlington when he was riding in the late 80's for the Eagles in the National League.  My eldest son had a pair of his old leathers.

:lol: Gordon was probably one of the best inside line riders of all time. I also enjoyed watching his brother Barney who at times had both wheels on the football pitch on the inside at Canterbury!!