British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hansfan

? Wild Card - Denmark

Yogi bear. Bear sounds like Bjerre when said in English.

Sounds logic. Never thought of that before.

Thought it was something about a little bear due to KB's size.

Well yes, I suppose it could be due to the fact he's small, cute and cuddly. He's not furry though!!!!

No seriously it is because Bjerre sounds like bear in English and Yogi bear is a famous cartoon bear in Britain. I don't call him Yogi though, I call him King Kenny!!!!! :D:P:oops:

(Garf's salient points quoted by Barrow Boy

Hans A. was has to be in the GP-circus. He is IMO one of the 10 best riders in the world Just a pitty we have to put all these "second ranks riders" in, and letting the big stars out.

My problem is all the "politics, economy etc" on behalf of the sport.

If you look at the 16 riders nominated for the GP-circus, you see that about 25 % will not deliever the goods, neither in the GPs nor in the different leagues around Europe.

(Barrow Boy's views in reply) Sorry for the confusion

How true. Just about sums it all up

Edited by barrow boy

Puk is 3rd heatleader at Peterborough.  I don't have the averages to hand but I believe Puk has a higher EL average than Kenneth.

He did not ride as such in the away meeting vs Arena in the KO cup and the Aces on the hometrack so . . ..

A heatleader ! ! !

No I don't think so.

I had a very hard time afterwards to just accept JC's behavior towards KB here.

What do you mean Garf....was JC unsporting to KB? Seems bizarre as they are team-mates and if I remember rightly Crumpie won the 2004 Danish GP so it's not as if Kenny halted his progress that year.

He did not ride as such in the away meeting vs Arena in the KO cup and the Aces on the hometrack so . . ..

A heatleader ! ! !

No I don't think so.

For god sake Garf, less of it. Your just bitter and twisted because your man Bjerre was not picked and Iversen was. Iversen had a higher EL average than Bjerre last year and has also done well in the GP's he has rode in. Give it a rest for god sake!

I'm gonna play mediator here :unsure:

Garf is only as strong-willed as he is because he's a firm Kenneth supporter - nothing wrong with that, and I'm on his side for that.

But I agree, PUK possibly did have a higher average than KB last year (I don't actually know, I don't have the stats to hand) but you need to remember Kenneth had hit a blistering bit of form before his injury :cry: and would have most likely upped his average before the year was over.

Whether it would have ended higher than PUK's I don't know and no-one ever will.

Kenneth wasn't really considered for a seeded spot in the GP's this year simply because the powers that be didn't know if he'd be over his injury in time.

End of. :rolleyes:

For god sake Garf, less of it. Your just bitter and twisted because your man Bjerre was not picked and Iversen was. Iversen had a higher EL average than Bjerre last year and has also done well in the GP's he has rode in. Give it a rest for god sake!

You have to admit that it is a lot easier to get and maintain a good average from no. 4 position on the team compared to no. 1.

The differencies between these two positions has to count at least 1 point in the averages. :wink:

I'm not bitter, but biased as hell.

What do you mean Garf....was JC unsporting to KB? Seems bizarre as they are team-mates and if I remember rightly Crumpie won the 2004 Danish GP so it's not as if Kenny halted his progress that year.

As I saw it, JC started from the inner gate with KB next and from the gate till the first curve JC drifted out into KB's line, forcing him to shot down.

JC new it was a bad behavior as he should have said to KB after the heat :

I'm sorry, but you are just a wild card and I'm needing the points to become champion.

KB could have been in the final that night, I guess, but we can never be sure can we ? :wink:

Don't want to get involved in who should have been picked or not.Or who should be a wild card.My feelings on the subject are Denmark or a couple of riders will suffer because they have too many good riders and BSI will only allow a few in.KB or Gjedde or whoever will only get in at the expence of another Danish rider unless they all get in through the quali.They don't want a GP series dominated by Polish or Swedish or Danish riders or a combination of the 3

As I saw it, JC started from the inner gate with KB next and from the gate till the first curve JC drifted out into KB's line, forcing him to shot down.

JC new it was a bad behavior as he should have said to KB after the heat :

I'm sorry, but you are just a wild card and I'm needing the points to become champion.

KB could have been in the final that night, I guess, but we can never be sure can we ?  :wink:

The grand prix are individuals, if KB cant stand being cut up by another competetor, who was on his way to the title, why is he riding? If KB was in that situation he would do exactly the same, as would most of the field! When your on for a win you don't think about team mates etc.

The grand prix are individuals, if KB cant stand being cut up by another competetor, who was on his way to the title, why is he riding? If KB was in that situation he would do exactly the same, as would most of the field! When your on for a win you don't think about team mates etc.

Actually I think KB is taking a lot more than most of the other riders.

It is just us supporters who is looking through very biased glasses.

But then again I believe JC was very unsporty in doing what he did. If you saw it on video again, you may give me right that it was a strange move.

Teammates was never a subject for discussion in this case. I do know that the individual riding is one man's fight agsinst all the others.

Teammates was never a subject for discussion in this case. I do know that the individual riding is one man's fight agsinst all the others.

I appreciate your comment about team-mates Garf but I genuinely think that Crumpie wouldn't intentionally cut up Yogi whether it be in a GP or for The Aces.

.....to be honest, neither do I. Kenny and Crumpie have a lot of respect for each other and I can't see either of them doing anything to intentionally hurt the other one. :(

I think it's probably best to leave it there, they're team-mates for the ACES, they get on and thats all there is to it. :)

I won't comment that. I suggest we let it "die" here.