British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Sorry to start another thread about it but I feel this is better on its own. According to the official Poole website people with tickets will be allowed in free, which is contrary to what has been posted elswhere. Obviously no date is known.

Maybe Matt and Mike have now made a new decision...but the original message that came over the radio and was followed up in a convo with the same official was that it would be reduced admission. Clive had announced it as being free which caused a further radio message to say it was reduced admission hence my announcement on the scoreboard. Just it's a case of seeing what info follows although if it's on the Official site now maybe they've had a change of heart since the abandonment.

Edited by rabbit

It was announced at the meeting that readmission tickets would be valid for the re-staging, despite the meeting having gone six races. Full credit to the Poole promotion on this.

All the best

Rob

Maybe it is reduced admission then. Fair enough either way if it free or reduced readmission - it's a nice gesture.

All the best

Rob

Maybe Matt and Mike have now made a new decision...but the original message that came over the radio and was followed up in a convo with the same official was that it would be reduced admission. Clive had announced it as being free which caused a further radio message to say it was reduced admission hence my announcement on the scoreboard. Just it's a case of seeing what info follows although if it's on the Official site now maybe they've had a change of heart since the abandonment.

To be perfectly honest Rabs I didnt see the announcement on the board, I was already stropping my way back to the car :wink: DOn't know if this is M+Ms decision or the BSPA's, but in the circumstances I think its only fair.

Taken from the Poole website: http://www.poolespeedway.net

Poole promoter Matt Ford was disappointed that the ELRC was abandoned on Easter Sunday after just 6 heats. Rain had begun to fall intermittently about 3.30pm and track conditions were less than favourable but after a pit-side visit from the referee after the Poole's Bjarne Pedersen had won heat 6 a further spell of track preparation was called with bag loads of dry sawdust being spread over the circuit.

With seemingly the agreement of the riders to continue, just moments before racing was due to resume the referee announced the abandonment of the meeting, a decision that incensed staging promoter Matt Ford. "I had spoken to a number of riders and the general opinion was that the meeting could continue but unfortunately it seems that once again the voice of a few spoke louder than most. I would like to stress that Sky Television had absolutely no say in the decision. I have heard a number of stories that suggest otherwise but that is categorically not the case. The decision was made by the referee after he had listened to the riders. I am very disappointed that the meeting was called off today and feel sorry for all the fans that turned out today. We will be re-staging the event at some point in the future and all patrons are urged to retain their re-admission tickets as we will be allowing Free admission on presentation of the appropriate tickets when the meeting is re-arranged. Of course that is going to be a headache to find a suitable date but we will announce it as soon as possible.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

It was announced at the meeting that readmission tickets would be valid for the re-staging, despite the meeting having gone six races.  Full credit to the Poole promotion on this.

All the best

Rob

As it is a shared event, I can only assume the decision was taken by the BSPA.

Kevin,

The shared events work differently these days. They are "bought" by the home promotion. This was the case with the British Final at Oxford last year. Of course, it could have changed over the winter.

All the best

Rob

Kevin,

The shared events work differently these days.  They are "bought" by the home promotion.  This was the case with the British Final at Oxford last year.  Of course, it could have changed over the winter.

Yes you are correct about the British Final Rob. So if the situation hasn't changed over the winter, I guess the financial hit will be taken by Poole Speedway?

Perhaps they may remember the people responsible for this decision when they next need to employ guest riders. :wink:

An earlier post by SS,quoted the Poole website.Matt Ford was interviewed by our local rag,the Daily Echo.There is a page and quarter covering yesterday,but I think the last sentence is very important.

The very last sentence of the Daily Echo report on page 42 clearly says.....

'But if you cant make the restaging date,bring your ticket to the speedway office and we will arrange a refund.'

I dont know,but would imagine that if you are not local,you would be able to write in and make a claim that way.I know it was ok the last time (2004)that this meeting was rained off at Poole.

The Echo's website does not carry the full reports of the hard copy though.

The link is www.thisisbournemouth.co.uk

Worth a phone call to at least try and get your money back,which by the,they do not have to do.Something I have only just noticed is that the tickets issued at the turnstiles were from Poole Speedway,and NOT special BSPA ones,as in the past.So I would imagine that Poole have made this gesture,not the BSPA

Hope it helps.

You're right Bob. The event was a purchased event so the decision on the re-admission was Poole's and Poole's alone.

As it says in the local paper, it's not something they had to do, but along with all the flak being hurled around, it's good to see the fans being considered by the club at least.

[

You're right Bob. The event was a purchased event so the decision on the re-admission was Poole's and Poole's alone.

As it says in the local paper, it's not something they had to do, but along with all the flak being hurled around, it's good to see the fans being considered by the club at least.

Yes indeed, full credit to Matt and Mike for thinking of the fans - two years ago at the re-staging of this event (do I see a pattern developing here? :wink: ) Matt was at the turnstiles personally taking tickets and apologising to the fans and answering their questions - full credit to him for that too. :approve:

ironic this as at the bspa conference Kings Lynn's promoters were reported by Ronnie R. for having refunded money after the cut off 6 races as he had to rescue little legs louis from an irate crowd intent on getting their dosh back at an abandoned ippo v arena meeting.Nice to see that they,the bspa, have at last seen the light and realised that they have a duty to treat,us their CUSTOMERS, fairly

Nice to see that they,the bspa, have at last seen the light and realised that they have a duty to treat,us their CUSTOMERS, fairly

As has already been pointed out, Poole Speedway, and not the BSPA are issuing the refunds/readmission tickets and not the BSPA.

If this is the case, we shall definately be applying for a refund, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Management and Promotion at Poole, for their very respectful and considerate offer.

I had almost been put off travelling any distance in the future to watch Speedway,but this has restored my faith.

Also thankyou to the Poole fans we were sitting with, who made us feel welcome on Sunday,hopefully we will meet you all again under better circumstances :)