Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Nice to Steady end the weekend on a high note.

Shame to see Speedway end the weekend on a low note .

What a daft best pairs ????? competition.

The rules for the meeting a complete joke .

Edited by tony159

Congrats Belle Vue - at least they half rode as a pair...

Why on earth did Leigh Adams clear off?

If his partner was at the back that was never going to work.

Also - what a cock up by Rosco putting Ulamek off 1.

The rider off 1 would be blocked if that was Leigh then he may have driven the Aces off the line to have allowed Ulamek thorugh.

I dunno maybe I'm seeing this one all wrong?

Glad i'm not the only one who thought the most heats wins was a bizarre ruling in a pairs competetion! With two lasts to Poole's none I thought BV were sure to miss out.

So its a TEAM event yet the team who gets the most INDIVIDUAL heat wins goes through against the TEAM who beat them when they met.

What a joke :rolleyes:

You said before that it should reward the rider who comes first !!!!!!!! well it did you must be happy now :D:D

The whole point of the 4-3-2-0 scoring is to encourage team riding and to help the strongest pair win the meeting, not a duo which has one rider who sweeps all before him whilst his partner struggles.

So why oh why have a tie break system that reward the lop sided partnership????

Only in Speedway.........

yes i agree mistake one admas off three then mistake two adams just balsts off? surely he could have tried to slow it right up they might have still lost but crump may have passed him then he could have shut down steady? ive seen it done

the 4-3-2-0 format hasnt changed a thing wrt pairs meetings since it was introduced as per most of the fiddling with the rules.

Well done Jason and Simon on winning the pairs.

"Those are the rules you signed up to"  :D

Who laughs last, laughs longest......What a fantastic weekend!! :approve:

Feel the only winners tonight are those who think Speedway is a joke sport

with all the silly rules they manage to think up . :(

"Those are the rules you signed up to"  :D

Who laughs last, laughs longest......What a fantastic weekend!! :approve:

I was glad to see a pair that recognised the value of the minor places take the event - at least it was some sap towards it being a team event.

I really like Mr Crump at the moment, he does a lot for the sport - so well done him.

I'm not so impressed with Ulamek being allowed to ride into Stead unpunished though - surely that was excludable?

Maybe I'm just grumpy cos Reading lost out :lol:

Can't wait to hear shovlar's version of events when he next logs on. What with his beloved Pirates getting knocked out by some dodgy countback system, and then to top it all off Crumpy wins again.

Life is wonderful at the moment. :D

well done to BV best when it counted.

How long did it take Pearson to realise that it didn't matter what Peterboro' did in their last outing either Eastbourne or Swindon were going to get more points?

Poole hard done by imo. Should have gone down to who won their head to head with the Aces.

They all know the rules at the start of the meeting , DONT come last in the final and what did Swindon do , they cocked it up bigtime.

Not only did they put Adams off 3 instead of 1 , Adams then decides to blast off and win by the proverbial country mile and thenn looks back for his teammate when he has crossed the finish line ....................good teamriding Lee :rolleyes:

Edited by Eastie