British Speedway Forum

Any info in the format for the EL pairs? 11 clubs means teh format will need to be changed from 2 groups of 5. Also hows the the line up? Is there no Poland day after the Brit GP?

No poland. Hadn't thought about the 11 teams this year, unless they are only going to pick the top 10 with highest averages for the pair, isn't that what they did in the premier league.

I think the best idea would be involve all 11 clubs - do away with groups and have 4 qualifying heats (22 races in total) against randomly drawn teams. Top 4 pairs to semis and winners to final. May depend a bit on luck of the draw but then so does the FA Cup!

At the confrence League Pairs last season at Wimbledon, they tried using all the teams in one meeting and what a complete balls up it was. Each team only had two rides in the first round of qualifiers. If you had a bit of bad luck, that was it, home you go. Not good for riders or fans alike.

IMHO there should be two semi-finals and a final using all the teams and either a second pairing from three clubs or better still a pairing from each of the top three premier league teams. Thus giving fourteen pairs, seven in each semi with the top three and the highest scoring forth placed team proggressing to the final.

It would be possible to have neutral venues for both the semi's and the final, it would give the riders six rides each at each event, and the fans would be assured of seeing their team on track for at least six times.

Going back to the CL debacle of last season, the meeting took four hours to complete, so who could run a meeting that long in the evening? Would have to be on a week end afternoon, then you have the no show senario for the GP boys and those who ride on the continent.

On the bad luck side of things, Weymouth went to Wimbledon as probably the favorites, Dan Giffard won both his rides and Lewis had an ef and first bend fall which wrecked his bike, followed by a two minute exclusion then in the van and home. Not far for both riders and not too far for the supporters, but if it happened to say Stoke or Scunny, thats a long way for two minutes of action.

im planning on going to Swindon for this, do i just turn up and pay on the door or do i have to buy a ticket?

I'd hope you just turn up as that's what we're doing .

I'd hope you just turn up as that's what we're doing .

I'd go along with that B4E - there is no way they will turn fans away because the stadium is full, cos it won't be - hope to catch up with you mate. :wink:

Even though its the day after Cardiff and I will more or less pass it to get home - I won't bother. Not worth the 20 quid or whatever they will charge to watch Scott and whoever get knocked out the first round - especially when its on TV!!

As far as i know from what the girls at swindon have told me you just pay at the door. Mite see you there naj :)

Even though its the day after Cardiff and I will more or less pass it to get home - I won't bother.  Not worth the 20 quid or whatever they will charge to watch Scott and whoever get knocked out the first round - especially when its on TV!!

I know you will have spent the weekend with some of the best,

but Swindles does have some attractions ..

and some of our mates have to go there every week :o

deffinetly 5:00 start?

As definite as a speedway start time gets. :rolleyes: