British Speedway Forum

Urgent......our texter seems to be incommunicado. Does anyone know of someone at the meeting who could text some results through?

Edit....this has now been sorted (well a while ago actually)

Edited by crazysue

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Debs

Updater: Fozzie

Line-up

1. Ricky Ashworth 3, 2, 2, 1, 3 = 11 3RD

2. Jason Bunyan 2, 2, 3, 2, 2 = 11 4TH

3. Troy Batchelor 0, 0, 0, 2, 0 = 2

4. Kevin Doolan 1, 1, 2, 1, 0 = 5

5. Chris Holder 3, 3, 0, 3, 3 = 12 WINNER

6. Sam Simota 2, 3, 3, 3, 2 = 13 2ND

7. Mads Korneliussen 0, 3, 3, 2, 1 = 9

8. Leigh Lanham 1, 2, 2, 1, 2 = 8

9. Phil Morris 1, 0, 1, 2, 3 = 7

10. Adam Shields 3, 0, 0 = 3 Withdrawn

11. Chris Schramm 0, 2, 1, 3, 2 = 8

12. Andy Smith 2, 3, 1, 0, 3 = 9

13. Krzysztof Stojanowski 1, 1, 1, 0, 1 = 4

14. Brent Werner 0, 2, 3, 3, 1 = 9

15. Carl Wilkinson 3, 1, 2, 0, 1 = 7

16. Tony Atkin 2, 0, 0, 1, 0 = 3

Reserve

Tom Hedley 0, 0

Heat Results

Heat 01: Ashworth, Bunyan, Doolan, Batchelor 61.59

Heat 02: Holder, Simota, Lanham, Korneliussen 59.40

Heat 03: Shields, Smith, Morris, Schramm 61.10

Heat 04: Wilkinson, Atkin, Stojanowski, Werner 61.41

Heat 05: Holder, Ashworth, Stojanowski, Morris 59.47

Heat 06: Simota, Werner, Bunyan, Shields 60.16

Heat 07: Korneliussen, Schramm, Wilkinson, Batchelor 61.16

Heat 08: Smith, Lanham, Doolan, Atkin 61.90

Heat 09: Simota, Ashworth, Schramm, Atkin 60.46

Heat 10: Bunyan, Wilkinson, Smith, Holder 61.43

Heat 11: Werner, Lanham, Morris, Batchelor 62.56

Heat 12: Korneliussen, Doolan, Stojanowski, Shields 61.49

Heat 13: Werner, Korneliussen, Ashworth, Smith 62.10

Heat 14: Schramm, Bunyan, Lanham, Stojanowski

Heat 15: Holder, Batchelor, Atkin, Hedley 62.75

Heat 16: Simota, Morris, Doolan, Wilkinson 61.33

Heat 17: Ashworth, Lanham, Wilkinson, Hedley 62.75

Heat 18: Morris, Bunyan, Korneliussen, Atkin 62.41

Heat 19: Smith, Simota, Stojanowski 61.10

Heat 20: Holder, Schramm, Werner, Doolan 62.47

GRAND FINAL: Holder, Simota, Ashworth, Bunyan 61.95

Comments:

Line Up Confirmed.

Heat 1: Batchelor fell first bend all4back. Doolan fell 4th bend 1st lap. Bunyan and Doolan fell remounted.

Heat 7: Batchelor fell 3rd and 4th turn 4th lap.

Heat 10: Good race Bunyan chased down Wilkinson passed lap 3 home straight.

Interval now. Person in crowd been attended to by paramedics.

Heat 11: Batchelor fell lap 3 3rd and 4th bend.

Heat 13: Smith pass Ashworth lap 2 home straight only to fall 1st bend lap 4.

Heat 14: Bunyan chased for 1st.

Heat 15: Tom Henley track reserve for Shields. Henley fell 3rd/4th bend lap 3. Holder passed Batchelor 2nd bend lap 3.

Heat 16: Wilkinson fell 1st bend 1st lap. all4back.

Heat 17: Hedley for Shields. Hedley fell 3rd/4th bend lap 2.

Heat 18: Atkin fell bend 2 lap 3.

Heat 19: Batchelor ran into Stojanowski all4back. Batchelor ex on 2 mins

Heat 20: Doolan fell 3rd bend 1st lap.

GRAND FINAL LINE UP: Simota, Holder, Ashworth, Bunyan

Simota took an age to pick gate. Tight first and 2nd bend Holder push through.

Courtesy of Speedway Updates

Well done Chris :)

Sad to see Adam isn't fit still, but 7 weeks isn't long to try and come back from that sort of injury. Hope it hasn't put him back at all in his recovery though :(

I wonder if the people who laughed at me last night when I said Holder would win it and Shields would pull out are still laughing!!

If I'd have heard you say it SCB...I'd have agreed with you... :wink:

...for once... :P

:D

Can't say that the falls had anything to do with the track they were just racing issues. Batchelor had problems riding the track, looked like he just couldn't get used to the shape of the circuit nothing to do with the track.

The track held up ok until the last few heats where the dust got the better of the track staff - all in all for such a hot day the track held up pretty well.

I was really impressed with Simota he rode the whole of the track which isn't seen very often these days. Chris Holder was a popular winner who was helped a bit by Craig Watson today.

Well done to Ricky Ashworth today and I was there to witness a good all round performance.

He made some lightning starts especially in heat 1 and produced some good passes.

Unlucky in the final as he had third choice of gates and obviously got gate 3 but still made the better start with Holder who just gave him a nudge to get through with Simota also sneaking through.

2. Jason Bunyan 2, 2, 3, 2, 2 = 11 4TH

Heat 06: Simota, Werner, Bunyan, Shields 60.16

just small correction, bunyan got a third in his second ride so had tottal in 'qualifiers' of 10 points.

Hope noone has a go at me for pointing this out - just thought for aake of info. should do so

oh dear weakest line up since its been held day after gpand just when you need a strong line up against the pairs?

However it was a far better meeting than the Pairs :wink:

yup, well done ricky B)

Also looking at the result down at Newport Holder is a better prospect than Batchelor.

Just got back - great weekends entertainment . Seems the dust problem must be an afternoon thing cause towards the end of the meeting it was swirling about eveywhere and on friday evening there wasnt a problem at all . How those people could stand at the 3rd and 4th bends is beyond me .

Anyway i am not normally too fond of these individual meetings , but this one wasnt too bad - what a prospect chris holder looks . This was the first time i had seen him ride and his pass on troy batchelor at the 3rd bend was breathtaking . Bet the IOW are sick he is riding in the under 21s next sunday . Only dissappointment was there was no zorro or andre compton , but i really enjoyed my two meetings at newport(especially friday) - its a great little stadium and regardless what anybody says there are poorer tracks in the PL than newport .

Definently three days in the warm welsh sunshine with brilliant speedway i have enjoyed immensely and cant wait for next year .

but i really enjoyed my two meetings at newport(especially friday) - its a great little stadium and regardless what anybody says there are poorer tracks in the PL than newport .

Definently three days in the warm welsh sunshine with brilliant speedway i have enjoyed immensely and cant wait for next year .

:approve::D Nice one :) Some of us have bene saing for a long time that our track is not all that bad.

In reference to the dust, I am not the least bit suprised, ANY track would have been dusty after that weekend, we had unbearbaly hot weather (well for me anyway, I hated it, it was too hot) and no rain.

Amazing how no mater what the weather is like either side of GP weekend, we always have an absolutly amazing GP weekend weather wise, someone likes us :)