British Speedway Forum

Cant agree at all starman, peter collins in his prime was way above mark loram the things he could do on a bike were phenomenal, only for the severe injury that he so nearly won his second world title while carrying he would have had a few more world titles, pc did it on an individual front, won the world pairs, the world team cup were he scored consecutive maximums, and compare the averages of both riders in their prime, you must have seen peter at the end of his career.

Peter Collins in his prime was awesome ...

Kenny Carter was 100% English and dedicated to the cause ... he would battle for 4 laps, never give up, and was a fantastic entertainer.

Starman2006, are you trying to say Peter Collins and Kenny Carter were 'gating tarts' :blink:

oh dear oh dear :neutral:

Oi, I never said Mark was the "best" british rider ever, just the most "popular", and then I corrected myself and changed it to "in his era" so you lot are vehemently exchanging views for the sake of it :P

Not sure how they got sidetracked onto that,but i'm sure we would all agree that we desperately need a rider of their quality at the moment,regardless of which one was your particular favourite.

Doubt though that starman saw PC in the 70s though as he was pure excitement.There was a buzz in the stadium before he came on the track

Not sure how they got sidetracked onto that,but i'm sure we would all agree that we desperately need a rider of their quality at the moment,regardless of which one was your particular favourite.

Doubt though that starman saw PC in the 70s though as he was pure excitement.There was a buzz in the stadium before he came on the track

Well, I watched Peter during the 70's, I was in his fan club :oops: (and Chris Morton's actually :unsure: and no I was not a Belle Vue fan, even back then!)

However, I still think Mark is the most exciting racer I have ever seen on a speedway bike!

Edited by Tabby3

Remember for those who are unhappy about the way the lineup for this meeting has been selected, the petition is still running at BSPA Petition

Get signing and let's SHOW the mis-management committee that speedway fans aren't the fools they take us for!

Well, I watched Peter during the 70's, I was in his fan club :oops: (and Chris Morton's actually  :unsure:  and no I was not a Belle Vue fan, even back then!)

However, I still think Mark is the most exciting racer I have ever seen on a speedway bike!

Don't forget it was Mark Loram that got voted the forum's favourite rider of all time in my poll.

Does anybody know the admission prices for this meeting as I can not find an advert for it anywhere. I also see that Sky are not bothering with this meeting. An interesting fact as they are always going on about supporting British riders.

Does anybody know the admission prices for this meeting as I can not find an advert for it anywhere. I also see that Sky are not bothering with this meeting. An interesting fact as they are always going on about supporting British riders.

Oh! are they not? Originally it was planned to be broadcast!

Maybe it has something to do with the lineup for this meeting! I am sorry and mean no disrespect to the 16 riders partaking, but it is not exactly a mouth watering event!

Edited by Tabby3

Adults £15

Concessions £10

Kids £5

Prog £3

Is there anyone going to this who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Im sorry Stevehone, but i watched all three of those riders,

and imo, the only rider out of those three to even come close

to Mark on his night was Mike Lee. Again, on his night he was

awsome, he would stalk riders for 3 laps then go past them

as though they wern't there. Bit like Trick can do, and now our

Antonio is starting to do the same thing, either inside or outside.

I took time out from Speedway from the mid 90's, untill 99,

and the rider that got me going back to Speedway again was,

Mark Loram. Matt and Mike took over the reins in 99 and brought

in Mark, and he virtually woke Poole up over night. I have never

Been a lover of gating Tarts, i like fighters and entertainers, and

Mark falls into both catagorys. Give me seven Mark Lorams or

Antonio Lindbacks, and i'd be very happy!.

Lindback and Loram over Kenny Carter?

I've seen plenty of videos of Kenny Carter and in the words of tubes from soccer am, "is that some sort of sick joke?" :P

Given the controversy over Mark Loram's omission from this event, does anyone find it strange that Edward Kennett is allowed to ride given that he decided to ride for Eastbourne on Monday instead of representing his country in the Under 21 World Cup.

Or am I the only one who thinks there are some double standards at play here?

Move on fella. You have already mentioned him pulling out of the mickey mouse under21 world cup and should not get rewarded due to that fact on many other threads. Methinks he would have got more benefit from a good performance in the EL on Monday rather than face the might of Germany B.

Anyway he won the qualifier so he has as much right to be there as anyone.

Get behind our young riders instead of having a dig.