British Speedway Forum

Agreed Mark should 100% deffinately be in the british Championship but I still can't really believe no-one invited him.

HOWEVER this should not be an excuse to take away the wildcard from the hands of Simon, who has really earnt his chance for a go with the big boys.

Agreed Mark should 100% deffinately be in the british Championship but I still can't really believe no-one invited him.

HOWEVER this should not be an excuse to take away the wildcard from the hands of Simon, who has really earnt his chance for a go with the big boys.

Agree wholeheartedly that Steady should not have the wildcard snatched away, and with respect to those who've mentioned the GP wildcard, that really has no relevance to the topic of this thread.

Mark was NOT invited to take part in the Championship of GB, and it is my understanding that the same applies to Chris Louis. Can't comment one way or the other on Havvy, but it does seem highly unlikely that a rider who has always been so proud to take part in events such as this would have turned down an invitation if it was given........Assuming that riders HAVE been given invitations that they have turned down, why the inconsistency on that subject? When Moggo turned down an invitation to ride in the Rye House Qualifier he was villified for it, and he, his team and the fans at the meeting at Stoke on the same night were made to suffer as a result.

If you feel that the standard of the line-up for this meeting is poor, and that once again the fans are getting the rough end of the deal from the BSPA, then you may be interested to know that there is a petition to that effect available for signature at

Championship of Great Britain - Is the standard really high enough?

Please note that the petition calls for e-mail verification - you will be sent an email to your stated address. If that address is a Hotmail or similar it might well end up in your junk file, but in order to add your signature it is important that you follow the link in the email.

If you feel that this is important, please sign. It's one way where we, the fans, can get our views across. If you intend to boycott the meeting as a result of the low standard of the line-up, by all means mention that in the space available for comments.

Please note, no disrespect is intended to any of the riders involved in the meeting. I deliberately have not named names on the petition, and it would be appreciated if others could follow suit. This is not about individuals, but is about standards.

Finally, may I wish the best of luck to those racing on the day.

Why the hell do they need to seed people, make em all qualify via semi's as they did in the old days. Simon Cross having been a World Finalist in 88 missed out on even a British Final place in 89. Having reached the final in 1991 Paul Thorp scored 10 points in every round including the World Final yet only just sneakled through on 8 points at the British Semi Final at Cradley.

The British Semi-Finals at Cradley were always great Sunday afternoons, hold them nowerdays at Newcastle, Wolverhampton, Kings Lynn & Swindon, 3 from each, hence competitive! All fair tracks, seed accordingly else to get that far with QF''s. It'd sort the interested from the uninterested.

Distinctly uninterested last CGB were Louis & Richardson.

There is allot ot be said for the opportunity to show you're worth in seemingly mediocre events for GP stars.

If they're gonna seed the say 13 FT British Elite League riders that didn't start the year at reserve.... Nicholls, Stead, Loram, Richardson, Harris, Screen, Louis, Norris, Barker, Howe, Lanham, Smith, Moore. Yet seed them to the semi's only.

Other 3 come from the top 3 in the U21 final.

Edited by Col

think the line-up just about sums up how poor British speedway is if this is the British final

It sure does

petition signed, i shall not be travelling to this meeting, no mark loram = no money from me

From league and cup matches ridden in so far this season Mark Loram is the joint highest averaging rider along with Simon Stead

From league and cup matches ridden in so far this season Mark Loram is the joint highest averaging rider along with Simon Stead

And to be fair probably has the best years of his career behaind him whereas Steady is the future. That said i wouldn't have liked to make the decision, Mark is a legend in British Speedway and an all round top geezer. Simon is probably the best prospect for future GP success. Its just a shame this year there is only one wild card.

Is it not the same date as the EL Pairs at Swindon !!!!!

Leigh Adams and Seba Ulamek will represent the Robins in the star-studded Elite League Pairs Championship at Blunsdon on Sunday 4 June. The full line-up for the prestigious event, which Swindon have won on its previous two stagings, is as follows:

GROUP A:

EASTBOURNE: Nicki Pedersen and Dean Barker.

WOLVERHAMPTON: Peter Karlsson and Fredrik Lindgren.

SWINDON: Leigh Adams and Seba Ulamek.

COVENTRY: Scott Nicholls and Rory Schlein.

PETERBOROUGH: Hans N. Andersen and Niels-Kristian Iversen.

IPSWICH: Mark Loram and Piotr Protasiewicz.

GROUP B:

BELLE VUE: Jason Crump and Simon Stead.

READING: Greg Hancock and Matej Zagar.

OXFORD: Todd Wiltshire and Adam Skornicki.

POOLE: Bjarne Pedersen and Krzysztof Kasprzak.

ARENA-ESSEX: Mikael Max and Joonas Kylmakorpi.

Edited by Hackett

Is it not the same date as the EL Pairs at Swindon !!!!!

No its the following week. June 11th.

And to be fair probably has the best years of his career behaind him whereas Steady is the future. That said i wouldn't have liked to make the decision, Mark is a legend in British Speedway and an all round top geezer. Simon is probably the best prospect for future GP success. Its just a shame this year there is only one wild card.

The both should be in the BRC Final though

There should not have been a decision between Steady & Mark for the british Championship - they are both in the top 16 british riders - they should both have been riding at Belle Vue.

So whats the story with Mark? Doe she want to ride? Didnt the BSPA invite? Did they tell him he'd have to ride in the qualifier and he thought he was too good for that?

So whats the story with Mark?  Doe she want to ride?  Didnt the BSPA invite?  Did they tell him he'd have to ride in the qualifier and he thought he was too good for that?

In order of asking:

God knows

Yes!

Nope!

Certainly not. He's not alone, either.

:(

Does anyone know when this starts?

Not sure if I can just about make it. I will be in Cheshire on that day, so may be able to fit it in before going to a friend's 21st (even though it's actually on my birthday!)