British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hazzman

Polish Golden Helmet

Is it today or tomorrow?!?

And whats the line-up as it seems Gollob and Hampel are going to miss this meeting out as it's a Polish Qualifying Round for GP 2007.

Edited by Hazzman

Zloty Kask - Czestochowa

1..G Walasek..2,2,3,0,2 = 9

2..M Wegrzyk..0,0,2,2,2 = 6

3..T Chrzanowski..1,0,0,0,2 = 3

4..P Protasiewicz..3,1,2,3,3 = 12

5..T Gapinski..0,1,0,3,1 = 5

6..K Slabon..1,1,2,2,1 = 7

7..S Ulamek..3,2,3,2,3 = 13

8..K Buczkowski..2,0,2,1,0 = 5

9..M Staszewski..2,0,1,0,0 = 3

10..M Szczepaniak..1,2,0,2,1 = 6

11..D Balinski..0,1,0,0,0 = 1

12..T Gollob..3,3,3,3,3 = 15

13..J Hampel..3,3,1,3,0 = 10

14..W Jagus..1,3,3,1,2 = 10

15..R Kosciecha..2,3,1,1,3 = 10

16..A Miedzinski..0,2,1,1,1 = 5

17..T Jedrzejak = DNR

Ht 1..Protasiewicz, Walasek, Chrzanowski, Wegrzyk

Ht 2..Ulamek, Buczkowski, Slabon, Gapinski

Ht 3..Gollob, Staszewski, Szczepaniak, Balinski

Ht 4..Hampel, Kosciecha, Jagus, Miedzinski

Ht 5..Hampel, Walasek, Gapinski, Staszewski

Ht 6..Jagus, Szczepaniak, Slabon, Wegrzyk

Ht 7..Kosciecha, Ulamek, Balinski, Chrzanowski

Ht 8..Gollob, Miedzinski, Protasiewicz, Buczkowski

Ht 9..Walasek, Slabon, Miedzinski, Balinski [E/F]

Ht 10..Gollob, Wegrzyk, Kosceicha, Gapinski

Ht 11..Jagus, Buczkowski, Staszewski, Chrzanowski

Ht 12..Ulamek, Protasiewicz, Hampel, Szczepaniak

Ht 13..Gollob, Ulamek, Jagus, Walasek

Ht 14..Hampel, Wegrzyk, Buczkowski, Balinski

Ht 15..Gapinski, Szczepaniak, Miedzinski, Chrzanowski

Ht 16..Protasiewicz, Slabon, Kosceicha, Staszewski

Ht 17..Kosceicha, Walasek, Szczepaniak, Buczkowski

Ht 18..Ulamek, Wegrzyk, Miedzinski, Staszewski [E/F]

Ht 19..Gollob, Chrzanowski, Slabon, Hampel

Ht 20..Protasiewicz, Jagus, Gapinski, Balinski

Ht 21..Jagus, Kosciecha, Hampel [E/F]

Notes:

1..Krzysztof Buczkowski replaces Rune Holta, who's suffering from food poisoning, in the line-up.

2..Ht 19 and Tomasz Gollob wins the Golden Helmet with a 15 point maximum.

-----------------------

All details from:

http://www.sportowefakty.pl

Meaning a Top 6 of and going to the GP Circus Qualifiers

Gollob

Ulamek

PePe

Jagus

Kosciech

Hampel

Surely Gollob and Hampel would decline the opportuntity, if so it would go to Walasek and Slabon. Or would the GKSZ give Kolodziej or Kaprzak the spots?!?

What SportoweFakty.pl say is that top 4 riders go to the SGP'07 qualifications and the 5th one is selected by GKSZ (usually it's the 5th rider of the event - Kosciecha in this case). Anyway, Gollob should be in the 2006 SGP's top 8 without any problems so this rider is out in my opinion and before this season PePe had said there's no sense to try again in GPs if he would be rubbish this year. So far he's been (and I'm afraid it won't change) so I'm not sure if he will ride in the qualifications.

What SportoweFakty.pl say is that top 4 riders go to the SGP'07 qualifications and the 5th one is selected by GKSZ (usually it's the 5th rider of the event - Kosciecha in this case). Anyway, Gollob should be in the 2006 SGP's top 8 without any problems so this rider is out in my opinion and before this season PePe had said there's no sense to try again in GPs if he would be rubbish this year. So far he's been (and I'm afraid it won't change) so I'm not sure if he will ride in the qualifications.

I see, so no chance of Kolodziej qualifying for the GPs?!?

Off Topic, Hows Britain treating you Matt?

From what Mateusz is saying, it looks like he expects Tomasz Gollob and Piotr Protasiewicz to decline the invite to the GP qualifiers, unless, of course, the GKSZ seriously "suggest" Gollob should ride. Thus, the way would appear open for the GKSZ to nominate Kolodziej and Kasprzak. Indeed, perhaps the GKSZ suggested Gollob ride so that he'd qualify, withdraw and that would give them room for manoeuvre, rather than Gollob not ride and have qualifiers who'd ride in the qualifiers.

I see, so no chance of Kolodziej qualifying for the GPs?!?

Maybe GKSZ will choose him, don't know really.

Off Topic, Hows Britain treating you Matt?

Answering off topic then:

I get a great hospitality here at Rico's which I'm very very grateful for. I enjoy the city, I enjoy some nice girls in their tight tops hanging around and that general careless attitude to some daily matters. It's really cool here, only if I could find that f..king work at last that would be perfect.. Anyway, as for my first impressions it's definitely a place I could settle in for some longer time in the future, maybe after studies. The only thing to miss is Polish speedway with all its emotions, crowds etc..

Edited by Mateusz

Bit off topic... but...

Mateusz - what is the best way to the stadium from the train station ? Just I'm staying in Gdansk for the next three and a half weeks, and fancied coming down for the Czestochowa match on the 15th.

Cheers !

p.s. Also, do you know of any fixtures within that period as well as the Extra Liga matches ? I can't get enough of Polish speedway !

Gollob declined the invite to the GP qualifiers even before Golden Helmet. He signed the documents and was riding only for himself, and for Golden Helmet of course. Qualified riders are: Ulamek, Protasiewicz, Jagus, Kosciecha. 5th rider will be decided by GKSZ and unofficial news is, that this rider is Kolodziej.

Difficult situation when 3 riders who could have easily qualified missed the meeting (Kolodziej and Kasper through injury, Holta being sick). Maybe Holta will revert to being Norwegian as I understand they get 2 slots in the Tarnow round!!!

Seriously, it seems a bit daft that riders of this quality will miss out this year whilst we will have 3 Hungarians, 2 Italians, 2 French, a Croat, an Austrian and a Slovakian in the next round of qualifiers.

GKSZ Have got to go with Kolodziej, deny Poland's 3rd best rider and future world championship a spot at joining the circus :blink:

Bit off topic... but...

Mateusz - what is the best way to the stadium from the train station ? Just I'm staying in Gdansk for the next three and a half weeks, and fancied coming down for the Czestochowa match on the 15th.

Cheers !

p.s. Also, do you know of any fixtures within that period as well as the Extra Liga matches ? I can't get enough of Polish speedway !

Ekstraliga fixtures: http://www.sportowefakty.pl/index.php?dysc...00&dzial_id=358

As for Bydgoszcz. The best option to get from the railway station (Bydgoszcz Glowna) to the stadium is in my opinion taking a taxi. Polish taxis are not that expensive as the ones here :P so it should be a quick and cheap ride for you.

A must watch match is also Torun v Bydgoszcz (18 June), the next battle of the most famous holy war in a speedway world. And if you get to the stadium there in Torun about 1 hour before the meeting you'll get a chance watch something incredible over the stadium. I cannot say anything more as that's definitely classified information.. (guys from Torun may check this forum) B)

Holta being sick

Holta beeing... I'd better will not end this sentence...

Let me just translate yeterday's program of the meeting:

Robert Gesiarz - the manager of Rune Holta - claims, that Rune is not going to go after his place in qualifications as a Pole. He's going to ride as a Norwegian

I've been always saying that his Polish citizenship is just a crap, made only for money (he was able to ride as a Pole when foreigners were limited in our league).