British Speedway Forum
Robyn1972

Attn. Those Who Signed The Champ. Of Gb Petition

OK - those of you who signed now need to help us decide what we do with this. PLEASE if you did not sign ignore this thread and move on - I do not want it to turn into another thread on the subject - there are some of those running already!

We have 53 signatures. My personal feeling is that under 100 signatures makes it not worth sending on to the BSPA as it simply isn't enough of an impact to make them realise that their selection method is taking bums off seats!

Please post on this thread and let me know your views though.............I deliberately left the petition running for an extra week in the end to try to get the numbers of signatures us - I know from the initial discussions on the subject of the line-up that there are a lot more than 53 people unhappy with the way it was selected, but sadly a high proprtion of them don't seem to care enough to sign.

Thanks for your input.

Personally I would send it in to The Speedway Star!

They are bound to write an article regarding this and being in the Speedway Press should make the BSPA think about how the fans feel!

Guest cheetahhawk

I signed it and still feel that Mark has been treated very harshly.

Like Tabby I think if you sent it to the Speedway Star it may have some kind of effect on the BSPA. Well I should hope it would.

53 signatures is that it!!!! If I was Mark and that was posted to the Speedway Star I'd be gutted that I only had 53 fans that were willing to put their names to a petition in my honour.

Well done to the other 52 that added their names to the list, maybe if a letter was sent to the Star advertising the site where people could sign and then maybe send it off to the BSPA or maybe even SKY SPORTS (not that it would do a lot of good but it would bring it to the attention of the fans at home that probably don't have a clue as to what is going on) after all they are the ones that are putting money into the sport, BSPA are the ones who just make the rules up as they go along :wink:

Maybe also Robyn if you put the LINK in your signature that might attract a few more :approve:

Edited by shazzybird

Guest schumifan

I signed it and I think you should send it in. Even if only ten people had signed, it would still let them know that someone cares enough to go to all the trouble that you have Robyn.

53 signatures is that it!!!!  If I was Mark and that was posted to the Speedway Star I'd be gutted that I only had 53 fans that were willing to put their names to a petition in my honour.

Shaz! The issue here is that this was not a petition for Mark! Robyn stated this time and time again.

Also, I very much doubt that the Speedway Star would state the amount of signatures, just that a petition had be raised! (especially if the letter accompanying the petition requested this)

As you say Tabs, this is not purely a petition for Mark,

But, indirectly it is, and personally i feel its about time

both parties kissed and made up, and come to a compromise!.

British speedway can not do without Mark Loram, and Mark

Loram can not do without British Speedway!. I feel this should

be put to bed asap, preferably before the world cup!.

Why have only 53 signed it? Out of apathy or because they don't believe in the case? Surely not the latter. If it is apathy we should have a bigger campaign, including representation at all tracks.

you might find it's apathy because even if you had the very strongest line-up for the meeting it still looks poor.

As you say Tabs, this is not purely a petition for Mark,

But, indirectly it is, and personally i feel its about time

both parties kissed and made up, and come to a compromise!.

British speedway can not do without Mark Loram, and Mark

Loram can not do without British Speedway!. I feel this should

be put to bed asap, preferably before the world cup!.

That is all well and good to say, now the Champ of GB has come and gone!

I am sure that the BSPA would be more than happy to say "OK Mark, sorry about all that, let's put it all behind us and you can ride in the SWC, ELRC etc now!

They would be laughing their socks off, as they have had their way! With regards to the meetings that this "form" covers

ELRC - representing team

EL Pairs - representing team

Test Matches - representing country

SWC - representing country

CofGB - representing yourself with progression to GP qualifiers!

Now do you see why they decided it was only the British Final that they have not allowed him to race in?

I am still far too annoyed with the powers that be over this matter, however, Mark would no doubt still agree to ride for Team GB if he is asked and would do a far better job than many that might be thought of to replace him!

OK, I shall clamber down off this soap box - yet again!

Mark being to nice for his own good wont tell them to poke it, it would be a case of cutting his nose off to spite his face and that doesn't pay bills does it when you have a home and family.

Think he needs a manager to fight his case for him. :angry:

As a signatory I feel it should be sent to the Speedway Star. You could say far more people voiced their agreement than actually put pen to paper [ so to speak ]

That is all well and good to say, now the Champ of GB has come and gone!

I am sure that the BSPA would be more than happy to say "OK Mark, sorry about all that, let's put it all behind us and you can ride in the SWC, ELRC etc now!

They would be laughing their socks off, as they have had their way!  With regards to the meetings that this "form" covers

ELRC  -  representing team

EL Pairs  -  representing team

Test Matches - representing country

SWC - representing country

CofGB - representing yourself with progression to GP qualifiers!

Now do you see why they decided it was only the British Final that they have not allowed him to race in?

I am still far too annoyed with the powers that be over this matter, however, Mark would no doubt still agree to ride for Team GB if he is asked and would do a far better job than many that might be thought of to replace him! 

OK, I shall clamber down off this soap box - yet again!

No thanks who wants someone who sulks like a little girl :mad:

Let's have someone who cares about the fans and the flag not someone who lets them down because someone took his ball away .

:lol: I find your statement laughable Mr Kennedy, where has Mark sulked over the decisions that have been made, yes he's annoyed but he wont sulk, he's not built that way!