British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GMILLS

Top Gun Individual Meeting

Can anyone please confirm the line-up for tomorrow nights individual meeting at Sheffield

thanks in advance

dont know the lineup myself, but apparently theres lots of aussies , americans etc :rolleyes::wink:

WHO WILL BE THE TOP GUN?

TIGERS fans will be able to enjoy the best of both worlds at Owlerton on Thursday - as the club embraces the football World Cup along with showcasing the best in young speedway talent.

The doors of the stadium will be opened at 4.30pm to enable supporters to watch England's World Cup fixture against Trinidad & Tobago, with screens throughout the venue and chiefly in the Panorama Room.

Tapes go up on the speedway at 7.45pm, with an array of the sport's up-and-coming stars battling it out for the Top Gun Individual title.

Co-promoter Neil Machin said: "I know a lot of the supporters will want to see the England game and we're trying to accomodate them as well as offering them some exciting speedway racing.

"We've done this in the past and the fact that the England games kicks off at 5pm works very much in our favour, it's the perfect opportunity for supporters to come along and watch both the football and speedway.

"It's a very exciting line-up, and whenever we stage a meeting like this it always provides great entertainment. The youngsters are full of enthusiasm and commitment and never hold back."

LINE-UP: David Speight, Tom Hedley, Mark Jones, Ben Hopwood, Benji Compton (fitness test), Tai Woofinden, Scott Richardson, Jack Roberts, Shane Waldron, Matt Browne, Josh Auty, Richie Dennis, Mark Thompson, Mike Pickering, Rusty Hodgson, Sam Dore.

cant see too many overseas riders there :wink: , p.s is mark jones, the late ashleys brother?, if thats that mark jones he looks spitting image of ashley :)

(taken from sheffieldspeedway.com)

Edited by Matousek

cant see too many overseas riders there :wink: , p.s is mark jones, the late ashleys brother?, if thats that mark jones he looks spitting image of ashley :)

(taken from sheffieldspeedway.com)

Yes Mark is Ashley's younger brother. And yes the resemblence is rather uncanny.

Hope Mark does well in this meeting, would love to see him ride in it. :D

Mark Jones

Yeah saw him at Berwick on Saturday resemblance is unbelievable.

Good luck to Auty and Richie Dennis tonight , both are very good riders with a big future in the sport, we hope.

I rekon Auty Or Dennis To Win This One

I rekon Auty Or Dennis To Win This One

tai woffinden....absolutely unbelievable.i thought josh was a good prospect but this boy is special.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

tai woffinden....absolutely unbelievable.i thought josh was a good prospect but this boy is special.

He's been practising at Lynn for the last couple of weeks and I agree he certainly does look good!

Hope Mark does well in this meeting, would love to see him ride in it.

I was hoping he'd have a blast round Lynn tonight, never mind we'll get our chance to see him soon eh ............ good luck to him at Sheffield!

Due to work commintments cannot be there tonight, I really would have like to see Mark Jones as he is rated as one of the top Aussie prospects.

Not sure who I think will win but I take Josh Auty and Tai Woffenden to be there or there abouts.

Good Luck to young Tai, it's all a learning curve for him at the moment.

Good Luck to young Tai, it's all a learning curve for him at the moment.

And he is proving to be a very quick learner.