British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GMILLS

Top Gun Individual Meeting

Well done Sam!!! Lets get some points for the spitfires! :D

Rusty Hodgson looking good to! Did anybody else see him in the R6 Cup a couple of years ago?

Tom Hedley is a young Aussie who is over here on holiday.

In the 5 or 6 weeks he is here,he is hoping to attract a Premier League club to sign him for NEXT season.

Currently riding for Poole in the Southern Junior League,he looks very neat and tidy.Quick from the start,and comfortable while chasing others.A lively prospect from what Ive seen so far.

Scored a 3 ride maximum for us last Wednesday,with times only 2/3 seconds slower than the main meeting.

Very pleased to see him do well at Sheffield.Not at all surprised!Keep up the good work Tom,and you will have the offers flooding in.

I am not so sure about Josh, I think there will be alot of pressure to go Elite, but I have a sneaky feeling he might do Premier and double up for one season.

GOOD IDEA ............ then we get to see him at all the PL tracks for a year .......... he can't deny us that :)

apparently hes sponsored by allan ham, and is at coventry a lot, will he go there with scotty nicholls, and with oakes as brit manager? :unsure:

Good meeting, some close races. The final saw a weird decision from the ref. Mark Jones fell on the 4th bend and Mark Thompson who was nowhere near him laid his bike down to avoid him. The ref excluded Thompson !!!!! The only thing i can think is he got the helmet colours mixed up [ blue and green ] and got the wrong rider. But full credit to Mark Jones, he went on the phone to the referee and said ' He never touched me ref, i fell on my own ' Maybe the ref was impressed by Marks honesty because he then ordered all 4 back. Unfortunately Mark couldn't go as his bike was too damaged. The four that made the final impressed me the most. Jones and Hedley never seeing the track before, Hedley in heat 6 went from last to first picking the other three off on each lap right out by the fence. Nasty crash in heat 2 when Scott Richardson hit Jack Roberts back wheel going into the first bend on the second lap. High sided and the bike followed him into the fence. Hope he's ok now. All the lads deserve full credit for this meeting, the young un's always put a good race on. 2 XTV Dude I'll ask Mick Gregory next week if the meeting was covered for dvd but i doubt if it was.

Edited by Philip Addison

almost correct Phil!! I got on the phone on behalf of Thommo and got Mark Jones (who is a good lad!!) to come on to tell the ref what had happened as I had told it but by the time Mark Jones had got his helmet off and started talking the ref had hung up!! (Must have taken my word for it!! :blink: )

Then it was announced that all four were going to go back in the final but Mark Jones had a bent bike --so it was back to the three who should have in reality ben in the re-run!!

But thanks to Jonesy for his honesty --- and a rider to watch out for .

Bad luck to Tom Hedley who rode really well in this meeting and has now unfortunately broken his elbow :o not really what he needed when trying to get himself noticed.

All the best for a quick recovery.

Edited by micro