British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GMILLS

Top Gun Individual Meeting

Good luck Josh!!

Still looking for a texter....any takers?

I was hoping he'd have a blast round Lynn tonight, never mind we'll get our chance to see him soon eh ............ good luck to him at Sheffield!

Mark told me last night that he hopes to have a spin around the Norfolk Arena after the meeting next Wednesday - so you won't have to wait too long Trees. He did put in some practice at Scunthorpe earlier this week in preparation for tonight.

I also hope that he goes well up at Sheffield. Shame that there are no live updates from the meeting.

Thanks for the LS! Anyone got any results from this meeting yet, don't ya just miss the updates ..................

From the BSPA site, top 4 was 1. J.Auty, 2. M.Thompson, 3. T.Hedley, 4. M.Jones

Well done Jonesy :D

Congrats Josh :D What a star! B)

Never thought of looking on the official site Andrew ....... lol

Absolutely diabolical and abysmal performance - but that was just the football

Great final for the lads - well done to Mark Thompson - Tom Hedley and Mark Jones

Kudos to Josh Auty - you can't deny the boy's special

Anyone who missed this missed a treat. The young lads put on a super performance that got better as the meeting went on and they got used to the track

The final was a bit special with Auty and Thompson changing places half a dozon times and at one point on lap 2 bend 2 three riders in a line coming off the bend

Names for the future - Mark Jones and Tom Hedley

The guy who will really set speedway alight is Josh Auty, is he really only 15. lets not forget he has won the British U15 title for the last 2 years beeting Bridger on the way

I have followed Simon Stead throughout his career and I believe Auty to be a better prospect

Anyone no where i can find pictures from this meeting

Well Done to Josh Auty, certainly looks like a star in the making, looks like been an interesting end of season, when teams are going to e battling t out for the lads signature.

He is being advised by Eric Boocock, lets hope Eric advises him to come to Sheffield, I know that Josh has stated that he wants to ride for Sheffield sometime in his career, lets hope Sheffield fans get to see this boy in the blue and yellow of Sheffield.

Looks like I missed a good meeting, not my choice, anybody tell me how Ben Hopwood got on, and anybody tell me about the guy Tom Hedley never heard of him, but seems to have made an impression.

will he go straight in to elite like bridger, hes doing well now, just a thought? :unsure: , and that tom hedley is an aussie, was winning final when it got stopped, look good rider, goodish meeting id say.

Edited by Matousek

will he go straight in to elite like bridger, hes doing well now, just a thought? :unsure: , and that tom hedley is an aussie, was winning final when it got stopped, look good rider, goodish meeting id say.

I am not so sure about Josh, I think there will be alot of pressure to go Elite, but I have a sneaky feeling he might do Premier and double up for one season.

All those who decided not to bother turning up missed a cracking nights entertainment. We keep complaining that we don't have a british world champ etc, but if you don't come to watch them at the beginning of their careers, when do you? Young riders need all the support they can get, they aren't all as lucky as Josh has been. (not picking on Josh, he's just one that springs to mind that's been very fortunate with sponsership etc)

Anyway, fantastic final race, Mark unlucky to go for the wide line and end up in the fence, all is good with him though - apart from a slightly bent bike! The top 6 all deserved to be in the final, 1st Josh Auty, was just Josh, but does need to remember that there is an outside line, it cost him a 1st place in one of his heats (not that it really mattered!). 2nd Mark Thompson, unlucky not to win overall after not being beaten by another rider all night, 3rd Tom Hedley, had never heard of him until tonight, looks a decent prospect although possibly a little wild at times! 4th Mark Jones, unlucky, got better and better as the night went on, remember he'd never even seen Sheffield until he turned up yesterday! 5th Dave Speight, best result he's ever had in an individual, has really turned up the pace this year. He was determined to have gate 1 for the semi so we didn't argue! (Personal opinion - should have taken 2 or 3 and gone for a slightly wider line! Never mind :D ) 6th Mike Pickering, solid as he usually appears to be in the 2nd halves, got on with the job and earned himself a place in the semi.

Tai came off in heat 2 and took a knock of some sort i think, he had another ride, but then withdrew, he seemed ok later so I don't think it's anything to worry about. I do agree that he's definitely one for the future.

That's my round-up, I didn't realise no-one was doing updates or i'd have done them myself, never mind.

Edited by micro