British Speedway Forum
BARNES

Milton Keynes

The alternative was to put money into Milton Keynes City, a non-league Club, bring them through the pyramid into League status.

Someone decided too long to go before they would make it I suppose.

The F A were at fault anyhow and should take most of, if not all, the blame as they had refused moves elsewhere and then "abdicated their responsibility" by allowing it to happen.

A F C have put it all behind them however and I don't suppose they care too much about M K nowadays

I can remember that a lot of the problem at Elfield was also due to the local residents complaining about the noise once or twice a week, despite the fact that the area had always been designated a noisy sports area. So dog racing is quiet???!!!

And Hiya Concrete how ya going? Still trying to picture you when the Knights were running !!!

I can remember that a lot of the problem at Elfield was also due to the local residents complaining about the noise once or twice a week, despite the fact that the area had always been designated a noisy sports area. So dog racing is quiet???!!!

And Hiya Concrete how ya going? Still trying to picture you when the Knights were running !!!

Hi Ladyblue, i'm good thanks, i wondered when you might show up on here ! :lol:

Hi Ladyblue, i'm good thanks, i wondered when you might show up on here ! :lol:

there's no stopping her these days. :blink:

:unsure:

Just bringing this back to the top

What's wrong with moving a club, Terry Russel did it with Crayford when they decided to Turn another stadium into a supermarket, Crayford Kestrels became Hackney Kestrels and what a fantastic few seasons followed with the emergence of Galvin, Louis and Loram to name a few. Hackney Stadium that then became the London Stadium to be finally bulldozed and soon to become the Olympic Stadium which will after the Olympics be bulldozed again and turned into whatever - God we waste money.

Dude I wanna see the Knights back coz Im fed up of travelling so far to get a skid.

Scunnys great for my training but if only MK would open and do the same as them, id be in heaven. Well if i win the lottery its gonna definately happen!!! lol

Come and ride @ Rye - Alot closer than Redcar :lol:

I loved the Groveway and Elfield Park living in Hatfield was only a stones throw away and used to go every Tuesday night to the later and remember a very good meeting against a Russian select :wink:

Interesting news from my original question.

If we do get up and running again once a win the lotto, we will run elite league within 5 years of opening.

Even conference racing for a year would be painful.

People going to maybe their 1st ever meeting want a quality product. I think conference racing looks unproffessional.

QUOTE (T.W. @ Feb 9 2008, 04:56 PM)

back to the top again